Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New build Dayton Audio Bluetooth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstep77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New build Dayton Audio Bluetooth
    Posted: 26 June 2018 at 7:54pm
mstep77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstep77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2018 at 8:01pm
Just finished a little project using the Dayton Audio 2x15W blue tooth board. 
Speakers are 2x Faital Pro 3FE22 (from memory). They also do little kits to go with the board that have a volume control, cables for an on/off switch and an LED kit to show power on, BT and battery charging. This speaker only runs off a laptop style 19V charger from the mains. They do do a battery extension board which i would like to use on the next project.

The bit i struggled with the most was trying to find a good power supply and associated panel mount DC socket. Does anyone have a any suggestions for these? And would it work to charge the battery board if I added one?

Overall really happy with the build, the speakers sound nice and are not fatiguing to listen to like a lot of others of this size. They are in about a 2L sealed enclosure so there is not much bass going on but it was a present for my girlfriend and we have differing tastes in music! 
lutkeveld View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2018 at 8:33pm
Looks cool! Nice and compact.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2018 at 8:46pm
Those Faital are exceptional drivers, even without EQ. 200Hz rolloff in a sealed box but the sound is great. An angled baffle might have been nice but I bet that little box is belting.
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2018 at 10:07pm
Just stick it on it's side surely.
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2018 at 11:12pm
Nice build!
It's probably a Wondom / Sure JAB amp kit - I'd suggest a 19v laptop supply for power and charging. 
Only niggle I can see with your box, and so many portable speaker builds, is the switch isn't flush... that drives me nuts, thinking about how it might get knocked about
https://www.instagram.com/batteryacidsoundsystem/
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2018 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by bitSmasher bitSmasher wrote:

Nice build!
It's probably a Wondom / Sure JAB amp kit - I'd suggest a 19v laptop supply for power and charging. 
Only niggle I can see with your box, and so many portable speaker builds, is the switch isn't flush... that drives me nuts, thinking about how it might get knocked about
It's pretty deeply recessed at least. I saw a professional midtop at Prolight+Sound with a completely protruding switch (same as the one in this build so a flimsy lever about 1.5cm clear of the surface of the cab). I won't embarrass the manufacturer - I'm sure it was an early prototype LOL wasn't a no name oddball either, they're pretty widely used.

Edited by Hemisphere - 26 June 2018 at 11:51pm
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
Saturnus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saturnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2018 at 9:25am
We all know it's probably Marshall :D
mstep77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstep77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2018 at 1:25pm
So the switch sticking out also drives me nuts, but I had a really nice toggle switch that I like the chunky feel of and limited time (it was a gift) so I compromised on recessing  it the full depth of the wood (15mm).

Thanks for the comments. It is branded a Dayton board, but seems remarkably similar to the Sure one.
 Post Reply Post Reply