Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW HOG SCOOP BUILD PICS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Insomnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW HOG SCOOP BUILD PICS
    Posted: 03 January 2010 at 11:21pm

Edited by Insomnia - 03 January 2010 at 11:44pm
Insomnia Sound Systems - Custom speaker cabinets built to order.
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2010 at 11:55am
Nice work boss
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2010 at 4:07pm
Top build!
May I ask what size the pieces of wood are where the grills attach, and whether you pre drilled the screw-holes for them?

Best regards,
Teun.
subbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2010 at 5:25pm
good attempt, lets hope your next builds turn out better Tongue

seriously though, looks well decent - is that your full time job?
Insomnia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insomnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2010 at 5:41pm
Thanks-

The battons for the grill at 18x 25mm birch, the top batton is angled to fits flush to the baffle.

Yes Subbass ive been building cabinets full time for around 4 years now.

cheers
Steve
Insomnia Sound Systems - Custom speaker cabinets built to order.
Studio Express View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Studio Express Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2010 at 2:41am
nice clean work!
staiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2010 at 1:38pm
.. Smile

What other to say than EXCELLENT work!

fuzzylogic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuzzylogic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2010 at 2:06pm
Looking Good.
May I ask what paint you have used... and if aldcrofts,how thin you mixed it and what pressure you used for the splatter coat.I'm very close to finishing my 8 hogs... 6 months later!
I also notice you don't brace up to the front baffle, is this for ease of build and speed?

NEIGHBOURHOOD SOUNDSYSTEM
Infinitely baffled.

Akid-sound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akid-sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 2:31am
very nice steve. nice to see more hogs storming out your lock up. could you pm a quote for building me another four??  here's to hoping loyalty recieves discounts.....hehehehe.

here piggy piggy piggy......
tamuks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamuks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2012 at 7:57am
Nice hey me lve already cut the wood will post back after l complete mine km makin two for starters and lm gonna load them with P audio SD18
K.A.S.S the art of digital sound entertainment
lurch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lurch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2013 at 1:43pm
I'm curious to if the handle cutouts at the back would affect the sound out all? Just curious, build looks incredibly solid. Beer
THECANDLEMAN View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote THECANDLEMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2013 at 2:21pm

Its been set-up with the cut out in the gap behind the bracing panel

This design looks like if its was combined with handles on the front bottom edge the tip back lift method from back and front would work well without changing the box sizes !! 
Motion Systems - Void Airmotion, Airten & Stasys 218 With Powersoft DSP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>