Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Push-Pull 15"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 8:15pm
What do you think is the usable upper frequency limit for this design (crossing over to a midrange driver, for example)?
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 8:24pm
In a normal box that driver sounds OK up to over 500hz but I suspect the front chamber and the angled drivers* will lower this, no idea what that Freq will be. Over to you Joost :) 

Looking at the graph I suspect at least 200 hz

* Causing a nice big phase cancellation dip.

Tony

Edited by Tony Wilkes - 28 July 2013 at 8:26pm
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
overdrive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote overdrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 9:41pm
Well all i've done so far are measurements and low-level listening so I can't give a proper anwser on that one yet..

Hope to do some testing asap with diffenent kind of music with a more serious amplifier and higher SPL at a more suitable location :)
Rojoh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rojoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2013 at 11:33pm
Usable bandwidth is one thing. PP-coupling is another. Would be fun with impressions of PP vs. "normal". Personally I was convinced when flipping one driver in my JBL 4638-cabinet - 2226H loaded.

Edited by Rojoh - 31 July 2013 at 11:34pm
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2013 at 2:42am
Art Welter took a standard ported dual 12 enclosure (LAB 12 drivers) and ran it up to 400W.

Flipping one driver (and connecting it properly) reduced 2nd harmonic distortion by 30dB, 4th harmonic by 20dB.
djk
Art Welter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Art Welter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by _djk_ _djk_ wrote:

Art Welter took a standard ported dual 12 enclosure (LAB 12 drivers) and ran it up to 400W.

Flipping one driver (and connecting it properly) reduced 2nd harmonic distortion by 30dB, 4th harmonic by 20dB.

The results of my PP to normal tests were interesting:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/191833-push-pull-vs-normal-distortion-compared.html
Although the second harmonic was reduced at some frequencies, at others it was not, and since the third harmonic sometimes rose higher with PP, overall distortion was not always reduced.

At high power, low frequency, where excursion is the largest contributing factor to distortion, the overall distortion was barely reduced at all in the front loaded Lab 12.
The reversed Lab 12 had a fair amount of noise from it's cooling vent, which was annoying.

Art
djtuffer View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djtuffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 9:55pm
I have been playing with a logic systems IS26 cab which is basically a small reflex box with the woofer slot loaded.  Only a single driver so not push pull.  There is output up to about 300hz but it doesn't sound nice to my ears over about 150hz.  That was tested with two different drivers with similar results.
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2015 at 6:57pm
I found This thread searching for PPSL designs and General info. Sadly since Tony passed away This project seems to have been abandoned unfinished. In his posts Tony stated that he Wanted To Test and prove his design before publishing the Plan, but Never Got To that point. Tony Did share the cad file With a few People however.

Is There anyone Around that has the Plan, and Would be Kind enough To share it? If not, I'll do My own version, but it Would be nicee To Try tonys design and continue the discussion onhere.......

sry about weird capitalisation, im writing This on My Phone.....

dlyxover View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlyxover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2015 at 7:48pm
try contacting bee on this forum.
In the Truth there is no news, and in the News there is no truth
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2015 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by dlyxover dlyxover wrote:

try contacting bee on this forum.

will do that, thanks for the hint!

bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2015 at 11:21am
so no one can help me on this one?
sn95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sn95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2015 at 5:36pm
Look in diy audio forum i have seen some plans ther
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>