Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie Essential Reading

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
vibetribe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vibetribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2014 at 11:37am
Hello people,

Considering I have a few cabs which all hold 15" drivers what wires would I need to:

1) Connect the Amp to the Cabinet (Would 14 gauge be appropriate?)
2) Wire the driver to the inside of the cab (to the speakon socket)

Also, I have 2 custom scoops which hold 2 15" drivers each, from what I can tell so far it will be best to load them in series...Any thoughts?

Any help would be appreciated, very new to this and want to get this system up and running!

Thanks
FUBAR_XL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FUBAR_XL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2015 at 5:00pm
The Thiele Small parameter link is dead.
audiomik View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiomik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 9:26am
Two more very useful books, both can be found from various ssources on the internet with a bit of looking:

The Art of Electronics (2nd edition onwards!) by Horowitz and Hill
Lots of essential Electronics theory in this!

The Loudspeaker Design Cookbook by Vance Dickason
Also can be found on the internet...

Hope these help!

Mik
Warning! May contain Nuts
plus springs, washers, screws, etc, etc.
FUBAR_XL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FUBAR_XL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 4:18pm
Thoughts on line arrays link is now also dead.
angelineacord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelineacord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2015 at 8:07am
The links posted are really helpful and saved those link in excel to read the related information.
monkeyorangejuice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeyorangejuice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2015 at 8:58pm
quite a lot of reading... my homework is cut out for me
SquirrelChew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquirrelChew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2016 at 1:16am
I just registered to this forum & you seem to be knowledgable so hopefully someone can answer this... I have an 8 ohm 3 way cabinet speaker w/ 3 (5 ohm) speakers inside that are blown all to crap. My question is that if I replace the 5 ohm speakers inside w/ 4 ohm speakers what will the resulting impedance be? I know that's probably not possible to answer be its something to do with the crossover but, since it magically turns 5ohm speakers into an 8 ohm cabinet what would it make 4 ohm speakers? Lol thank you for any & all advice!

Edited by SquirrelChew - 02 December 2016 at 1:17am
robkeane89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robkeane89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 2:22pm
Hi guys,

I am new here, Just want to say hi. I am interested in speakers, I am thinking of doing a uni course in sound engineering, just wondering has anyone had a similar experience.
Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robkeane89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2017 at 7:40am
Hi guys, nobody seems to be interested, annway, I have started my new website on speakers. I am calling myself speaker xpert ha ha. can you guys have a look at my website and see what you think of me information. can some one tell me how to post a link please?

Edited by robkeane89 - 02 February 2017 at 7:46am
guig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2017 at 3:57am
www.thielesmall.com seem to be offline

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robkeane89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2017 at 10:03am
Hi guys, I own this website. http://www.speakerxpert.com - speakerxpert.com. Can yous tell me what you think of my information? Do you think its accurate and helpful. I really want to build a guide that will help people. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. 
plander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2017 at 4:31am
Thanks for sharing these helpful links! I will visit them all! Very informative!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>