Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie
    Posted: 31 August 2018 at 1:52pm
Hi I'm new to the forum and want to build a small soundsystem for domestic use with the focus more on sound quality than volume although I'd like to go loud when required.

I already have a modded Goldring Lenco l75 turntable which will go into valve phono stage and pre (with tone controls) into a pair of HH V800 mono amps. Speaker are undecided.

TMH Music View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMH Music Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2018 at 4:19pm
Welcome to the forum. How big is your listening room? What sort of music you listening to? The only HH V800 I can find on the net is a stereo power amp, not mono. Some more info on this would be necessary to make informed recommendations. This forum is more geared towards big sound systems, playing anything from Dog and Duck pub gigs, to Notting Hill Carnival and beyond, but there have been threads recently, on small hifi/monitor speakers. Have a browse around.
Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2018 at 5:13pm
Welcome!

Also have a look around diyaudio.com. they're more hifi focused. 
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2018 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by JonB67 JonB67 wrote:

Welcome!

Also have a look around diyaudio.com. they're more hifi focused. 

I think he/she wants to build a party rig....

Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
Natara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2018 at 12:59am
Music would be mainly Reggae with some soul and although I'm building at home and will use at home the system will also be intended for house parties so although not a huge system I would like it to be capable of going loud but with a real emphasis on sound Quality.
 Post Reply Post Reply