Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newto the forum and loads of questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newto the forum and loads of questions
    Posted: 02 April 2007 at 12:21pm
Hi. About to start building a MT122 but with only one 12" driver, basically for the weight side of things. Would love the full size but needs to be portable. Right the question i have is, The compartment that the 12" driver fits has a max depth of 148 mm and the recommended driver for the cab is a P Audio SN 12B Neo which is 152mm. Have i got that right?

Im using a JBL 2445J on a 2380 Flare with possibly a Fane 5020 Slot tweeter.
Im using a pair of EV T18 copies sat in the middle of the stage with Fane 18XB. Running the bins with a QSC PLX3402, and also will be running the mids with another amp of the same type.

Need suggestions for an amp to run the tops too please.

Edited by Rockin - 02 April 2007 at 12:29pm
soundsystemdan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundsystemdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 1:41pm
I find P Audio a bit slack on data. But are you aware they have a uk site and an international site? The international site one is generally better. That's probably a typo above. Look here, it says the depth is 142mm, which will fit.

paacoustic.com
Rockin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 1:57pm
Only thing is, the measurments you show aren't the outside dimensions from the front to the back but from the inside of the front to the back so it might be right :(
soundsystemdan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundsystemdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 2:17pm
Oh yeah, that was tired an unobservant of me. You might have to wait for someone who's built some to help.
Rockin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 4:14pm
Any helpers?
pope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 4:28pm
Hi!
You are absolutly correct! The plans is not adjusted for P.Audio SN12B and the rear chamber is to small. The orginal driver was PD123. Look at my topic about MT121 where I split the MT122 in to two boxes. One MT121 and one single M12. I have altered the plans and changed the 18 mm ply to 15 mm

I have just checked a brand new P.Audio SN12B and it is 150 mm to the top of the gasket. P.Audio says 152 mm in one site and 142,5 mm in an other... Confusing!

Edited by pope - 02 April 2007 at 4:44pm
Rockin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 4:50pm
Thanks for the info.

Will changing the plans like you have, make much difference to the overall sound? Im almost at the building stage and want to get as much info and help as possible so i dont make any mistakes :)
 Post Reply Post Reply