Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nice one PD... :)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (SoundcreationaudiO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nice one PD... :)
    Posted: 29 November 2008 at 7:27pm
i had a few pd184 drivers fall apart on me when used in pretty normal standard conditions, the cone just separated away from the former simply down to lack of adhesive as far as i can see..  some uncaring employee i imagine..

but!, had a word with the the pd bunch, and 3 new drivers turned up on friday, improved glueing by the looks of it, a much larger bead of adhesive present at the base of the cone.

so, nice one! first class service from PD fair play..  and nice to deal with as always..  Smile

the smf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the smf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2008 at 7:48pm
any idea what the manufactur date on those faulty ones were?

just bought 3 from blue aran n hope they dont have the same problem
Existenze Records - http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/downloadstore/release/6625
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2008 at 7:53pm
This appears to be a common fault....look at this thread.

Be seeing you.
(SoundcreationaudiO) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (SoundcreationaudiO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2008 at 7:54pm
theyd be the new replacements smf, so no wories..

Edited by (SoundcreationaudiO) - 29 November 2008 at 7:55pm

the smf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the smf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2008 at 7:56pm
hope so, 2 are from august and the other was september of this year
Existenze Records - http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/downloadstore/release/6625

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (SoundcreationaudiO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2008 at 8:05pm
u could make sure, and use some 2 pack epoxy.. run a bead around the base of cone/coil former to bond the 2 together even more? 
I think the date on the stickers are from a batch from may this year.

the smf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the smf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2008 at 8:19pm
dont say that, the odd pd 184 i purchased from  davey t at the same time as buying the usb prototype is from may 2008

altho i can see a nice glue residue around the yellow suspension part, would it be safe to assume that this  might be one of the better ones???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (SoundcreationaudiO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2008 at 8:31pm
mmmm, go buy some araldite...  just in case..   wont take you 5 min to run a bead around ....   above the suspension and over the base of the cone..

Post Reply Post Reply