Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No more PD...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No more PD...
    Posted: 28 April 2006 at 1:38pm

Whats going with PD drivers? The recommended drivers are no more... There are only two compressions driver left. No horns!
Whats recommended for MT122? New brand?

Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2006 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by pope pope wrote:

Whats going with PD drivers? The recommended drivers are no more... There are only two compressions driver left. No horns!
Whats recommended for MT122? New brand?

i thought it was a precision audio horn not a precision devices...am i being thick and are they actually the same company but operating under a sister company?

Edited by Heathrow_B_line - 28 April 2006 at 5:07pm
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2006 at 6:00am

no its p-audio and precision devices,

pd are based in cornwall [ i think] and p-audio are european i think.

me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2006 at 6:37am
The original driver for the MT122 was the PD123ER and the Beyma CP800ti if i remember correctly.  I think they're all available still if you want to use this configuration although it's a much more pricey comp driver and the 12's are much heavier than the P-audio.  Mine are loaded with PD's and CP550's
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2006 at 6:56am

and the pd123er kicks de la botty dont they norty! [i heard these drivers in an mt122, rather sick!]

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2006 at 11:19am
Well i've only ever heard the PD's and never more than 2 at a time but they cetainly keep up their end of the bargain when faced with lots of bass bins (12 HD's to 2 MT mids so far)
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2006 at 12:20pm
so a single mt12 with a a pd123er will keep up with 6 hds? oh dear, they kick more botty than i thought!
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2006 at 4:17pm

Thats for dance music though, wouldn't want to mix a band on them coz its the wrong ratio.

Had 2 stacks of 6 HD's at Brixton Academy with a single MT12 and comp driver on each and it was fine for the foyer area but i tend to like my mid/tops NOT ear splitting.  Someone suggested turning it up a bit but i was stood in the middle of the room and it was just edging on uncomfortable.  Thats enough for me (but not for some people/crowds)  If you've got to dance for 10 hours in front of a system then it should be a pleasant experience (albeit with some good pummelling from the bottom end!)

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 9:29am
yes i do have to agree with you there!
Fushion Julz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fushion Julz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 10:59am
To be fair to P-Audio, I've got the SN12b neo in mine along with Beyma CP800Ti...
Tested alongside Mals PD123er/SN750 versions and the CP800Ti is clearly a better and stonger unit, but the mids are pretty evenly matched...Doubt you'd notice the difference, given same amps and processing/source, tbh...
FUSHION SOUNDSYSTEM

www.fushion.org.uk
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 11:52am
as i have previusly stated the c12-300mb is one of my fav 12" mid drivers [mostly on a perf vs price note but]
 Post Reply Post Reply