Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No sound to speakers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

what do you mean except the one in paralle? that makes no sense.. paralell would be wired exactly the same.

I wired one cabinet up in parallel configuration and upon realising it didn't work I wired the other one to a single connector
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 7:16pm
this still doesn't make sense. you mean you wired it with the 2 speakons linked?

have you tried an amp channel with a speakon wired correctly on pins +1 and -1, straight to the driver terminals, just to check the drivers are definitely ok.
junoprobelaunch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 7:41pm

have you tried an amp channel with a speakon wired correctly on pins +1 and -1, straight to the driver terminals, just to check the drivers are definitely ok.

this is exactly what I did and meant when I said "one wasn't wired in parallel" haha. the other has +1 and -1 going to the driver and another two wires going from +1 and -1 on the same connector to +1 -1 on the other
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by junoprobelaunch junoprobelaunch wrote:

this is exactly what I did and meant when I said "one wasn't wired in parallel" haha. the other has +1 and -1 going to the driver and another two wires going from +1 and -1 on the same connector to +1 -1 on the other
Disconnect this parallel connection and cross your fingers you haven't killed the amp...
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 10:43pm
How could this have killed the amp? The cabinets have never been plugged in at the same time
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 11:29pm

How could this have killed the amp? The cabinets have never been plugged in at the same time
You mean they are parallel internally... INSIDE the speaker box? Sorry, then I misunderstood your post.

Is it's a straight run from one channel of the amp to not one box then the internal wiring of the box SHOULDNT make to much of a difference unless there is a short somewhere across your internal wiring that you haven't noticed... check the boxes wiring with the amp and diver disconnected just to triple check there isn't a short hiding somewhere

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 11:36pm
Phew, made me shit myself for a while hahahaha. But yeah, that was exactly why I tested the other cabinet without such wiring, to test and see if it was a fault with the internal parrallel connection. Seems like I've either got my driver terminals the wrong way round or I have a faulty bit of kit somewhere. Will have to take the driver out tomorrow and have a look. Thanks for your help and advice so far, will let you know when I've made progress on my end.
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2018 at 2:05am
I believe the OP is saying that there are two Speakon connectors wired together in the box so that a second box could be connected in parallel, this is more of a link connection so maybe the term "parallel" is a bit misleading.

Edited by Conanski - 21 September 2018 at 2:06am
msoundsystem View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2018 at 7:58am
just take the drivers out of the cabs and connect direct to amplifier. This will put all this wrong speakon wiring to rest. If connected to amp and still no sound then either your drivers or amp. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2018 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by msoundsystem msoundsystem wrote:

just take the drivers out of the cabs and connect direct to amplifier. This will put all this wrong speakon wiring to rest. If connected to amp and still no sound then either your drivers or amp. 
How would you connect them direct to an amp without using the speakon?
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2018 at 12:48am

Originally posted by msoundsystem msoundsystem wrote:

How would you connect them direct to an amp without using the speakon?
Assuming you have binding post on the amp and push terminals on the driver itself... then a very short run of speaker cable and jobs a goujon!
msoundsystem View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2018 at 8:39am
very easy. If no binding post on amp, then speakon to bare wires but if you use this method make sure the speakon plug is wired correctly.. Very simple task to find the fault.. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12