Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

norfolk rave shutdown

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2019 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by GAZ. GAZ. wrote:

I thought the usual setup for this type of thing Is soundlab type speakers and other cheap junk, the sort of thing you find at cash converter, so it’s no great loss if the police cart it all away and smash it up?

Not anymore, you’ll often see void and funktion 1 etc at free parties. 
Huge stacks of very expensive stuff. 
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2019 at 11:21pm
I did a wedding gig once in a teepee tent at a pub with a huge garden.
Police turned up said they’d had complaints, and I must turn it down which I did.

Later on that night they came back saying further complaints. I had kept the levels down since the first visit, and the police said they couldn’t hear my system from the gates but they said I had to shut down or the next police that visit would seize my equipment.

So do they give you a chance to shut down before they seize equipment at illegal raves and if you choose to carry on, you never see your rig again?
100% Earth Moving Bass
munkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2019 at 12:16am

Police turned up said they’d had complaints, and I must turn it down which I did.

Later on that night they came back saying further complaints. I had kept the levels down since the first visit, and the police said they couldn’t hear my system from the gates but they said I had to shut down or the next police that visit would seize my equipment.

So do they give you a chance to shut down before they seize equipment at illegal raves and if you choose to carry on, you never see your rig again?

It depends. They can be ok .When you're in a ridiculous location, with a lot of riggage and thousands of people, they just come in militant. I've never lost equipment. But they've had a whole sound system, decks, vinyl, etc for 20 month's 
the midtops!
woody2 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2019 at 11:39am

seems strange? unless the venue doesn't have the correct license, its a matter for the council not the police
Andylaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andylaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2019 at 10:04pm
Did a few illegal parties back in the day. Usually Police response was "You take it home, or we take it home. We'll be back in 20 minutes."

Apart from the beach party on Haling Island where there were so many people they just closed the bridge to the island. The guy who had the tea hut in the car park was loving it tough. Never sold so much tea and bacon butties on a Sunday.
"music so loud, that if we move in next door to you; your lawn will die" - Lemmy
woody2 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2019 at 10:43am
Next time they should just call it a protest........then the council will provide road closures, toilets, concrete blocks, fencing, no resticton on music or levels and the police will standby and watch all for free.

LOL 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123