Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nuclear Powered Sound System

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2017 at 7:44pm
.44 volcano bin!!!
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2017 at 10:09pm
LOLLOL  16 of them wud deffo register on the Richter scale   Nuke
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
OIL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2017 at 10:15pm
I think we can reduce the signal chain even moar:

I allready own the patent, but I'm sure we can work out a licensing agreement...
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2017 at 10:51pm
maybe you should appoint SP member Efinque as chief designer

Edited by cookie-dj - 28 December 2017 at 10:52pm
You can't polish a turd!
martinsson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martinsson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2017 at 8:58am
Interesting project.

Going by the equations in your initial post you seem to be investigating Snell–Descartes effects, but you seem to have left out the non-linear partial differential equation encountered in problems of describing wave propagation, I'm talking here here, off course, about the well known eikonal equation.

What I think you should put your initial efforts into would be to set the wave equation (polyunsaturated obviously) corresponding to Maxwell–Boltzmann statisticsis, the statistical probability domain for these can as we all know be approximated using the WKB theory.

Many DIY'ers suffers from the illusion that this is derivable from Maxwell's equations of electromagnetics, and provides a link between physical (wave) propagation and geometric (ray) vector parameters, this is not true, but I guess we all know that, just making sure no one brings this blatant false hood up to the surface later on.

Going back to the WKB part of the problem just quickly, I find that the easiest way is to approximate solutions to linear differential equations with spatially varying coefficients is to simply ignore them, as if they where an old cheese sandwich made without love next to a plate of fillet mignon. It is typically used for a semiclassical calculation in quantum mechanics in which the wavefunction is recast as an exponential function, semiclassically expanded, and then either the amplitude or the phase is taken to be slowly changing.

But enough about the utter basics, lets dig a bit deeper, the asymptotic series for describing the quantum state flux often encountered designing nuclear powered speaker systems such as this is usually a divergent series, whose general term δn Sn(x) starts to increase after a certain value n=nmax (see also Thiele and small parameters). Therefore, the smallest error achieved by the WKB method is at best of the order of the last included term, hence this will only take you roughly half way to the core of the problem.

Moreover it is important, and I guess you know where I'm going with this, to address the part played by quantum numbers, as simple integers, these become evident when the integral is taken over by one period of the motion at constant energy (also see the ever present Hamiltonian). The integral is an area in phase space, duh... which is a quantity called the action and is quantized in units of Planck's constant. For this reason, Planck's constant was often called the quantum of action.

Finally, all this is only strictly applicable in the perturbative approach to quantum field theory, the full field interaction terms are approximated as a perturbative expansion in the number of particles involved. Each term in the expansion can be thought of as forces between particles being mediated by other particles. This became evident to me when my pet aardvark Gibson decided to end his life, mainly due to a severe carrot deficiency, In QED, the electromagnetic force between two electrons is caused by an exchange of photons. Similarly, intermediate vector bosons mediate the weak force and gluons mediate the strong force in QCD.

good luck / Martinsson

Edited by martinsson - 29 December 2017 at 9:09am
Swedish Pro-fi diy-nerd - http://www.martinsson.cc/blog/
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2017 at 10:51am
Shades of Douglas Adams, methinks:

Disaster Area was a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones and was generally regarded as not only the loudest rock band in the Galaxy, but also as being the loudest noise of any kind at all. Regular concert goers judged that the best sound balance was usually to be heard from within large concrete bunkers some thirty-seven miles away from the stage, whilst the musicians themselves played their instruments by remote control from within a heavily insulated spaceship which stayed in orbit around the planet - or more frequently around a completely different planet.

"Their songs are on the whole very simple and mostly follow the familiar theme of boy-being meets girl-being beneath silvery moon, which then explodes for no adequately explored reason.

"Many worlds have now banned their act altogether, sometimes for artistic reasons, but most commonly because the band's public address system contravenes local strategic arms limitations treaties.
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2017 at 10:53am
Originally posted by martinsson martinsson wrote:

Going by the equations in your initial post you seem to be investigating Snell–Descartes effects
I most certainly am not. What's a snail-d'escargot effect?

the statistical probability domain for these can as we all know be approximated using the WKB theory.
??

Going back to the WKB part of the problem just quickly, I find that the easiest way is to approximate solutions to linear differential equations with spatially varying coefficients is to simply ignore them
It's hard to ignore a stack of well loaded WKBs.

Listen I appreciate the input but you're obviously wasting our time here, so let's summarise: Hamilton and cheese sandwich with polyunsaturated spread and a plate of snails on the side would be your recommended snack of choice during the build (or was it the snack to not choose?), a W-bin kick bass design for the stack, and no aardvarks allowed near the quantum mechanics.

It's QES by the way, not QED. Duh!

Edited by Hemisphere - 29 December 2017 at 10:57am
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2017 at 11:56am
Originally posted by cookie-dj cookie-dj wrote:

maybe you should appoint SP member Efinque as chief designer

Hony soit qui mal y pense

Edited by bob4 - 29 December 2017 at 11:56am
Battered View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Battered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2018 at 4:28pm
Nice to see people in the 21st Century that are followers of Albert Hoffman's work........
Touching cloth at 200 mph
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2018 at 6:37pm
It's an interesting if slightly mad concept. I think it's actually possible though. You might even be able to do it using laser pumped He-3 as the gate for your 'nuclear transistors'. Would still have a high noise floor due to residual neutron transmission in the layout I'd think.

Maximum gain of each amplifier stage would be around 3db so you'd need a few stages. Once you have more than a certain amount of stages it's going to be really quite a hazardous contraption.

I think this is where I have to break off from this discussion as I think that to make it you'd probably want highly enriched foils and these are somewhat of a proliferation concern.

I think the main thing that kills this idea though is that you'd need to shield the damn thing and then you'd never be able to hear it. Apart from that it's quite an interesting idea.

Dr. Meat.
Don't test the champignon sound
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12