Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oberton 15MB600 VS 15NMB500 for Mid Bass

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oberton 15MB600 VS 15NMB500 for Mid Bass
    Posted: 23 September 2019 at 10:36pm
Hello,

I want to build two reflex speakers to use as Mid Bass/"Kick" for a 4 way soundsystem. The goal is to get pretty low with the reflex so I can cut the subs (probably 18" scoops) pretty low and also use the reflex for the "full" bass range when playing a small house party setup without any subs.

I already know that for proper kick bass I should look into building horns like HD215 but I don't need the punchiest kick because I mostly play 70s roots anyway. The sound I am looking for should be rather warm.

So I think I finally found a design that I am happy with (similar to a 15" G-Sub cut in half) so a rather large cabin. I think PD 156 is a good choice for this design but I heard good things about Oberton and they are cheaper so I want to give them a shot.

I am torn between the http://oberton.nl/winkel/15-inch-speakers/130/ - 15MB600 and the http://oberton.nl/winkel/15-inch-speakers/15-nmb-500/ - 15NMB 500 . If anyone can elaborate why one would be better than the other for my type of cabin I would be very happy.

If the answer is simply "just run them in the simulator" I guess I'll finally have to deal with that software :P

thanks all!
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2019 at 9:31am
The answer is "just run it in the simulator" LOL

WinISD is what i use. Its pretty simple.  

Without simulating them you can neither compare them nor see what volume and tuning (and therefore port size) you need for that specific driver. 

I certainly wouldn't put the effort into building a cab on the off chance its the right size when its relatively easy to get it spot on.
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2019 at 10:17am
buy my pd154s lovley kick drivers hahah ;)
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
 Post Reply Post Reply