Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oberton 15XB700: keep the power?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2018 at 10:40am
for example if you make a rave under each hla you have to put 4 subs :) 
VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 4:15pm
Hi, For all the fools out there that feel they have to overpower their woofers, demand to overpower them, run them at 5000 watts bridged.......just PM Me for Our recone prices!!!  Thanx!!!   VECTORSONICS, Auburn, Maine USA
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2018 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Angelow Angelow wrote:

thanks, I use t.racks ds. 2.4 what time do you attack, hold, the decay advises me for the bass compressor? Can you use software other than the original one? Is the quality of the oberton woofer good? Are the declared powers real?

can the original t.racks software be changed with a better one?

The software resembles my old BBE DS 48 I sold a year ago.

You just want the compressor to limit the output voltage of your T-Racks from exceeding the amplifier’s input voltage. So you do not want an Attack. Set the Attack to the lowest denominator. The same thing applies to the Hold. Set the Hold to the lowest denominator. The Hold acts like an RMS limiter in which, you just want Peak Limiting.

If the T-Racks 2.4 responds like the BBE DS 48:

The output LED of the T-Racks on the channel you are limiting should respond faster when the Hold is set to the lowest denominator and, respond slower when you set it to highest denominator. The Decay is the Release Time.   

The crude way of setting it;

Disconnect the loudspeakers on the amplifier and, set the input gains to maximum

Play a track through the T-Racks 2.4

Increase the channel gain on your mixer until the T-Racks 2.4 has a strong enough signal to clip the amplifier

Go into the limiter section of your T-Racks 2.4 and adjust the level until the clip light on the amplifier turns off

Reduce the input gain on the amplifier and connect your speaker. Adjust the Decay time to what sounds best to you while the T-Racks 2.4 is limiting.

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12