Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oberton XB1600 in Super Scoop problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 10:13am
Originally posted by LeruSound LeruSound wrote:

Why an XB1600 should perform bad if horn loaded?

It will perform well in cabs, it is suited to.

Sick and tired of people trying drivers in cabs they are not optimal in, then idiotically labeling driver as poor performing.

Edited by levyte357- - 10 September 2017 at 10:14am
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 10:18am
Then why don't you correct them and tell them the cab it IS suitable for Then? Maybe even link them to the thread as well as actually telling them too?

...ya know, just a thought

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 10:33am
Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

Then why don't you correct them and tell them the cab it IS suitable for Then? Maybe even link them to the thread as well as actually telling them too?

...ya know, just a thought

Maybe I should brush their teeth for them as well !?

This is one of the reasons SP has gone down hill..

10 years ago, people were asking how to design cabs, and how to tell by T/S parms which drivers suited which cabs, or people spent weeks reading forums before asking a question..

Now, people throw toys out the box, if not given free plans on demand, or people refuse to answer the same questions, asked twice every month...

Edited by levyte357- - 10 September 2017 at 10:34am
RealitySound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RealitySound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 4:09pm
Why don't you start your own thread in the scoop section- ALL THINGS SCOOP, and help the general public instead of little comments letting them know that they are doing something wrong, you know what it is, but not telling you, read the WHOLE scoop section to find out! wink wink Wink
When you gonna send me some $$ mate ?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by RealitySound RealitySound wrote:

Why don't you start your own thread in the scoop section- ALL THINGS SCOOP, and help the general public instead of little comments letting them know that they are doing something wrong, you know what it is, but not telling you, read the WHOLE scoop section to find out! wink wink Wink

Seeing as you obviously know more than me, and most people here, why don't you do that !?

Embarrassed

Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 6:27pm
Could be what JR said , coil former damaged .
One of mine obertons had a rub when you would push it straight ( they all have a rub if you push them little by the side of the cone, dont know why b&c dont ) It worked and the noise wouldnt be audible if it wasnt playing on itself but it just failed one day, and the coil wasnt burnt it just fell apart ,literally fell out from the backside of the driver unwound :)

To me it seems the xb1600 is also a good driver for scoops , maybe a little softer than the 1500 but still has good TS .

I know this kinda contradicts what i first said in this thread, excuse me on that...

Edited by Sypa - 10 September 2017 at 6:29pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Sypa Sypa wrote:

Could be what JR said , coil former damaged .
One of mine obertons had a rub when you would push it straight ( they all have a rub if you push them little by the side of the cone, dont know why b&c dont ) It worked and the noise wouldnt be audible if it wasnt playing on itself but it just failed one day, and the coil wasnt burnt it just fell apart ,literally fell out from the backside of the driver unwound :)

To me it seems the xb1600 is also a good driver for scoops , maybe a little softer than the 1500 but still has good TS .

I know this kinda contradicts what i first said in this thread, excuse me on that...

18XB1600 has different parms to 18XB1500, so performs differently, in different cabs.

When the 1500/1600 came out, 1500 looked like clear Scoop driver, so I tried a few.

In Scoops I tried it, didn't like the sound. The 1600 sounded warmer, so I tried few of those, then found something even better.

From what I hear, 18XB1500, is seriously nice driver, in "right" Scoops.
Some say a bit thirsty, but not IMHO.

RealitySound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealitySound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 1:27am
"The 1600 sounded warmer, so I tried few of those, then found something even better" -LIKE WHAT?
"From what I hear, 18XB1500, is seriously nice driver, in "right" Scoops." WHICH SCOOPS THEN?

See, perfect example. Let everyone know you know something they don't, then don't share what it is....Wink
When you gonna send me some $$ mate ?
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 1:37am
...and it's not just lev... they are all starting to get like this.

We are a part of the animal kingdom that has the ability to learn from other people's mistakes, so why can't we band together and use a collective knowledge? Rather then being told to "go look it up and figure it out for youreslf" I enjoy this forum but it's starting to get tiresome.

MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 2:11am
He found something better after like 5 years after i told him so :-)
Until than we was just being Lev. 1850 is the mother of all scoop drivers and nothing can beat it :-).
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 6:08am
.....which is?

Risc_Terilia View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Risc_Terilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 6:27am
Lol at the predictions from page 1 being fully played out in front of us on page 2.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>