Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"ODEP" crown macrotech

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DjLeco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 10:32am
Waiting for your reply when all faults have been fixed!
And photos too!Clap

Cheers!
I'm A Stupid SMART Romanian...
kallabungo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kallabungo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2010 at 4:19pm
Well i dont have any photo's im afraid but i have just had confirmation from Lewis that the fault(s) have been fixed and the amp is fully operational once again!
We have 4 more 1850 horns as of this weekend (fingers crossed) Finally we'll have an amp to power them!

Thanks to Lewis for the repair and many thanks to DJ Leco for all your time and advice in helping me sort the faults out.
Stu (Inferior Sounds)
DjLeco View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DjLeco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2010 at 4:51pm
We wait for some youtube links, with movies from event!Clap
Can you ask Lewis , what was exactly faulty?
kallabungo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kallabungo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2010 at 9:57am
Originally posted by DjLeco DjLeco wrote:

We wait for some youtube links, with movies from event!Clap
Can you ask Lewis , what was exactly faulty?

The mosfets on channel 2 as you pictured were found to be faulty and replaced. There was however, another issue that Lewis was unable to find. After channel 2 had been repaired channel 1 ODEP was completely off and IOC light constantly illuminated bright green. By chance Lewis managed to accidentally find the little burnt out resistor, or maybe a capacitor, on part of the ODEP circuitry. He replaced the component and the amp seems to be fully operational once again.

We have a very big gig 31st July and this will definitely test the amps abilities, i'll be sure to take a video for you. I think i should give it a good bench test before i take it out to a gig really, just to be safe.
DjLeco View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DjLeco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2010 at 10:13pm
Ok, we wait "the videos"!

Make it on HD camera if you can!
Ke5lly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ke5lly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 1:50am
Hello

I have 2 crown microtech 5002vz on one the channel 2 is getting hot but working. On the outher one as soon as I power it up the STBY1 LED comes on on both channels and then a few seconds later channel 2 STBY2 LED goes out and channel 1 STBY1  stays on and the OUTPUT MOD FAULT LED comes on. Any help on this would be appreciated.

KE5LLY

chickenfizz View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chickenfizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 1:40pm
Presumably you are talking about the LEDs on the PCB?

The LEDs on the front panel probably look like this:
channel 1 LEDs - ODEP on, IOC off
channel 2 LEDs - ODEP off, IOC on

It is likely to be at least a shorted output device on CH2 and possibly other damage as a result, get it sent off.

Your other one that gets hot (under no load?) could be a bias fault or could be something completely different, again, get it sent off.
DjLeco View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DjLeco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2012 at 11:57am
Check power supply mosfets from VZ circuit, is shorted, suplying permanently the final stage with max tension (170-180Vdc). On the other, you have deja blown(shorted) output devices.

Also before fixing, check VZ stage mosfets, are shorted surely.

Replace NE555 circuit too, and LM339 comparator.

Entire manual service here:

Blown components on VZ stage:

Edited by DjLeco - 28 March 2012 at 12:29pm
gerry_morales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerry_morales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 12:58am
hi DJLeco,
about vz5002 ioc problem..........do i need to replace also MOC8021
organeu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote organeu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2016 at 3:12pm

CROWN MACROTECH MA3600VZ 2X1565W/4OHM

HELLO, 
Is this power amp good enough for 2 JBL SRX 718 ? and so sometimes 4 JBL SRX 718 (2 on each side of the stage) linked ? 
Thanks a lot. 
The only problem is than this power amp is heavy but I believe very good. 
ychole audio View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ychole audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2016 at 5:06pm
Onother query here to our macro amp experts, I got an ioc light on solid green. Any inputs on this where to start troubleshooting?

Edited by ychole audio - 15 February 2016 at 5:06pm
I am ZERIEL'S dad!!!
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2016 at 8:05pm
IOC light glowing brightly with no audio connected essentially means its in protect. There are further diagnostic lights on the power & main boards which should hint where the protect signal is coming from.

Kevin

North Staffordshire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>