Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ohm BR system

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 7:59am
lose the 3" !!!!  LOL
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 8:18am
Originally posted by jammin75 jammin75 wrote:

lose the 3" !!!!  LOL

Lol. If you know someone with some nice 15’s (ideally Ohm TRS or BR) then I could consider it, but that is a last resort!

Edited by djgorey - 18 May 2019 at 8:21am
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 8:24am
Ohm didn’t make a 15” version of your bin. 
The BR 15” sub is about half the size of your TRS 18s, but I’d rather get a roof box than make that swap...
Get the system fired up before you make decisions like that ;)
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 8:27am
cant help u there i use ohm rw2 12" monitors and 15"rws subs nice and compact played many many places always great sound and reliable i have tried many diff setups but this works for us Big smile
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 9:30am
Originally posted by dylan-penguinmedia dylan-penguinmedia wrote:

Ohm didn’t make a 15” version of your bin. 
The BR 15” sub is about half the size of your TRS 18s, but I’d rather get a roof box than make that swap...
Get the system fired up before you make decisions like that ;)

Oh indeed!

It’ll fit! I’m down the garage now and if I could leave my daughter here and use the front seat where she’s currently sitting, I’d be able to do it!
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 12:07pm
So took one bin and have just finished setting up. I’m not changing the bass bins! The BR-12’s are a lovely mid-top, really sweet. Has anybody used them as a full range by themselves? I tried briefly, but they seemed lacking. They are up on stands in a big empty room and my HPF was set to 62Hz which is where the book says to put it. 
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 12:53pm
I’ve used BR12s on their own, but not for anything ‘full range’ - they’re a midtop, they need a sub.
I-shen Soundboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I-shen Soundboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 1:56pm
Quote It’ll fit! I’m down the garage now and if I could leave my daughter here and use the front seat where she’s currently sitting, I’d be able to do it!
Leave the front seat out altogether and you get heaps of space.
I've managed a four cylinder motorcycle in a volvo 340 front footwell, so a few bass bins should tuck in nicely under the glovebox.
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by dylan-penguinmedia dylan-penguinmedia wrote:

I’ve used BR12s on their own, but not for anything ‘full range’ - they’re a midtop, they need a sub.

Brill, thanks 😊

markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 4:17pm
Might be worth investing in a pair of 12" subs for the smaller gigs. Better  sound than the 12s alone, but much easier to transport.
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by markie markie wrote:

Might be worth investing in a pair of 12" subs for the smaller gigs. Better  sound than the 12s alone, but much easier to transport.

Very good idea. Just something to fill the gap. 

You’re very good at helping me spend my money! Any recommendations? Ohm do a 12” in the BR range
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by markie markie wrote:

or just use 15s all the time they will cover all your gigs    i have had 18 15s 12s and double 10s Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>