Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ohm BR10 and BR18b Subs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilipB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ohm BR10 and BR18b Subs
    Posted: 20 September 2022 at 2:05pm
I have an old Ohm rig that is about fifteen years old and had very little use while in storage. 

Ohm BR10 tops (300watts) and BR18b subs (700watts) with Ohm Cleo Mark 2 controller with Matrix XP1500 and XP 3000H amps and all working with original drivers from new. 

I am looking at refurbing the cabinets paint/foam and replacing top hats etc and was thinking of installing more powerfull drivers in the subs.

Any recommendations or advice?

Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2022 at 5:43pm
BR-18B is a bandpass sub and not very good as such. I doubt you'll be able to get much more out of it by swapping the driver, which probably isn't possible either due to very tight fitting of the Ohm driver in it. 

Other than that, repainting etc. can be done by Omega Pro Audio which is the "New Ohm" run by Gareth, the long time sales guy of Ohm.
PhilipB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilipB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 1:01pm
Thank you for advice and appreciated!

I am going to repaint them this weekend 
 Post Reply Post Reply