Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ohm TRS Components

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAHS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ohm TRS Components
    Posted: 30 June 2017 at 1:14pm
Hi all,

Could anyone tell me the latest ohm trs 218 and 212 components and specs please? Having difficulty in finding out what drivers and components are in them?

Thanks
krazyneil View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krazyneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2017 at 7:26pm
ohm drivers tend to be made in house ,with the compression drivers being mainly bms
GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT !!!!!
PAHS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAHS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2017 at 12:04pm
Thanks Krazyneil - you don't happen to know the specs by any chance?
krazyneil View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krazyneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2017 at 5:00pm
ohm wont release any specs of there drivers I wouldn't of thought as there made specifically for there use
maybe email them and see if they can help

what do you need them for ?
if you have the drivers you can measure them
if your trying to copy them then your out of luck ,as getting the drivers might be a problem and you could just as easy buy some

Edited by krazyneil - 01 July 2017 at 5:02pm
GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT !!!!!
Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2017 at 5:53pm
Why do you need them?

And I do have some stuff somewhere but won't share unless good enough reason given.
PAHS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAHS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2017 at 7:16pm
Hi Pasi,

I am going g to look at a used system and hopefully buying tomorrow, with that in mind I want to ensure my limiters etc are set up correctly before use by obtaining the specs to work out my limiter settings correctly. So will be running 4 x ohm trs 218 and 2 x 212, purpose is simply to set up limiters and crossovers correctly.

Thanks in advance,
thirtha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thirtha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2017 at 7:41pm
OHM is with the Indians now. God save us all (and the Queen too)
Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2017 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by PAHS PAHS wrote:

Hi Pasi,

I am going g to look at a used system and hopefully buying tomorrow, with that in mind I want to ensure my limiters etc are set up correctly before use by obtaining the specs to work out my limiter settings correctly. So will be running 4 x ohm trs 218 and 2 x 212, purpose is simply to set up limiters and crossovers correctly.

Thanks in advance,

Which amps & DSP you are using?
Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2017 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by thirtha thirtha wrote:

OHM is with the Indians now. God save us all (and the Queen too)

Only 75% of it
PAHS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAHS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2017 at 8:00pm
I'm looking to utilise my current amps which is a

QSC PL236 @ 1100w per channel into 4 ohms for the tops and
2 x QSC PL4.0 @ 1400w per channel into 4 ohms for the bins.

Just not sure for the the ohm speakers these are going to provide enough juice to get the most out of them?

PA collected this morning, and really want to setup to make sure they deliver the best possible!!
PAHS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAHS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2017 at 8:01pm
Sorry DSP is Behringer UltraDrive

Edited by PAHS - 02 July 2017 at 8:01pm
Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2017 at 10:02pm
As long as your sub amp doesn't clip, it's fine and pretty much gets the best out of the cabinets. For tops, calculate limiting to 500W RMS to be safe, or -4dB on the amp.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>