Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ohm trs rig

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MARTYNJONHALL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2006 at 5:24pm
looking aound the plans on this site what about the g sub and x15 together???

i dont get to do very big places prob a mx of 800 peeps

would they sound ok together????

mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2006 at 6:03pm
It's a hybride. Between a short rearloaded horn and a basreflex. They do not go really low but can give the impression that they do.

Wkr Johan
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2006 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by MARTYNJONHALL MARTYNJONHALL wrote:

need a bin that will go quite low but not just plane sub bass - need some thump too

thanks all

do a search for "planar wave horn"
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
mashgwan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mashgwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 6:35am
Originally posted by Herbal Herbal wrote:

It is a bandpass design.. but like James said it works some mad magic ! trust me 4 in one stack is ...... ! !

Between us and some friends we could put out 8 bins and 6 tops !

oh yeah i know what the sound like, did you ever hear an old free party rig called sokaid they used to i think it was 10 or 12  218's and i think it was 6 x 212's and it was f**king heavy it used to blurr vision
Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 6:52am
i remeber Sokaid, i stood in frond of the stack once when gabber was being played, it was thumping right through me. i remeber the bass sounded really tight.

Edit:i think i have a video of it somewhere

Edited by Static Age - 22 November 2006 at 6:53am
login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 7:40am
they do have a great sound the trs218, someone should have a crack at designing a simuler version of there own
CELTIC SUBSONIC SOUND SYSTEMS
mashgwan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mashgwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Static Age Static Age wrote:

i remeber Sokaid, i stood in frond of the stack once when gabber was being played, it was thumping right through me. i remeber the bass sounded really tight.

Edit:i think i have a video of it somewhere

they used to have that sokaid sign that used to flap in the wind that the bass created
CHAMPION View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAMPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 10:15am
look like a Electrovoice MTL replica !!
Sticks n Stones
specialjustin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 10:39am
Hi people,

I used to run some rcf bins (sub800) a few years ago, they were loaded with the s800 drivers (correct driver for this bin hense the name sub800)
They are a reflex horn and according to Carl savage, "those are Ohm bins!!" Now i know what bin he ment. I think they are an ok bin with a fair amount of poke(if you know what i mean) but they are most certainly not a sub bin. I put them side by side to all of Tony's (ASS) bins, i left him scratchin his head and i wasnt to pleased about it as i was lookin for some new go faster subs.
Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 10:46am
Originally posted by CHAMPION CHAMPION wrote:

look like a Electrovoice MTL replica !!

if you reverse the driver in a EVT18 it looks very similar half a TRS218.
Herbal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by mashgwan mashgwan wrote:

Originally posted by Herbal Herbal wrote:

It is a bandpass design.. but like James said it works some mad magic ! trust me 4 in one stack is ...... ! ! Between us and some friends we could put out 8 bins and 6 tops !

oh yeah i know what the sound like, did you ever hear an old free party rig called sokaid they used to i think it was 10 or 12  218's and i think it was 6 x 212's and it was f**king heavy it used to blurr vision

Yeah i know them lot ! Now known as Ketwork32... Yes they had it sorted with Ohms.. Anyone see the OHM SMACK STACK ? Cant buy them anymore but they were some wkd folded horns and mad tops... Last seen at a Kings Cross rave..
mashgwan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mashgwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 4:04am
yeah  i saw the old smack stack, sokaid aren't now k32, k32 is made up of some of the members of sokaid and some of the other members went seperate ways, now you mention it was having a few beers with some of them round a mates house on last sunday and we were reminising about the old ohm stack
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>