Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

old EV MT4 designs?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboykenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 8:15am
interesting purschase this last week,  cube of mth4 tops. Pro mod of the 2 inch section converted to all 2 inch instead of  1s and 2s. Making this a 3-way cab instead of 4.   My understanding per ev corp was a mid 90s tour requested this mod
old and new sound tech sittin together in the nosebleed section, new tech says lets go down and show em how its done, old tech says , bring me a beer when you come back
JD01 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 7:03am
Both with 2"s? That's a really bad idea... and not needed SPL-wise anyway...
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 12:53pm
No, it's a really good idea; and it really IS needed for live music.

It also allows for three-way use, and no hassles with going four-way.
djk
cowboykenny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboykenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 10:03am

My understanding pre EV was this was a custom DB mod blessed by EV at the time for metalica tour early to mid 90s,  Im guessing just louder. Does make for a easy 3 way or just split the 2s and go back to 4 way. Only missing a little mega high end sizzle which really only needed in some sound applications. Nice to have but not necessary. These cabs were at their best for ultra loud skull tearin rock

old and new sound tech sittin together in the nosebleed section, new tech says lets go down and show em how its done, old tech says , bring me a beer when you come back
Andylaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andylaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Strange Daze Strange Daze wrote:

cheers guys...

My only knowledge of these comes from the Hacienda...
(I could be mistaken but i think they only had 2 a side...and THAT WAS PLENTY!!!!!).....

Necro thread time. Smile

I was working at the second Tribal Gathering, the first one at Luton Hoo. We arrived the day before the event and were parked up behind one of the stages (circus marquee) we were supplying outdoor searchlights for. There was an MT4 rig installed here. I remember it well, as it was 16 subs and 8 mid tops a side and looked fearsome.

Anyway, we installed our bits ready for the event and started drinking in the back of the truck. Eventually falling asleep, we were awoken at 10 AM the following morning by the rig being sound checked. We were in a 5 1/2 ton ex military radio truck, there were 7 of us sleeping and the truck was bouncing up and down to the bass beat despite being outside and 50m behind the marquee. Impressive as it was. Anyway, sleep ended at this point so a can of breakfast was called for. LOL

Definitely one of those moments in random sound system memories that will never be forgotten.
"music so loud, that if we move in next door to you; your lawn will die" - Lemmy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234