Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old school Martin audio fans...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2021 at 4:07pm
That makes some interesting reading Earplug. Do you reckon Mr. Harrison had just seen the Crown Macro-tec range when he came up with the case design? LOL

The inside looks conventional multi- K135/J50 layout,albeit with some hybrid drive modules there.

That big one would make a terrific wharehouse/barn heater i reckon.

Or for small welding jobs.

http://audiorelic.blogspot.com/2014/11/etapas-de-potencia-harrison.html

Edited by jbl_man - 04 February 2021 at 4:16pm
Be seeing you.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2021 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

That makes some interesting reading Earplug. Do you reckon Mr. Harrison had just seen the Crown Macro-tec range when he came up with the case design? LOL

The inside looks conventional multi- K135/J50 layout,albeit with some hybrid drive modules there.

Ok - not too sure about that. Maybe Tony ASS would be able to answer those sort of questions.  Smile

And the K135/J50 MOSFETs were definitely the flavour of the month for quite a while. Bomb-proof devices. The problem was the other circuitry around them. Sometimes simple is the best, eg the Maplin modules - but when you need high power levels, you have to do some clever trickery to deliver. That can introduce problems like instability, etc.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2021 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Spilt my tea on the keyboard laughing at that.

Mis-read it as Wedding Jobs LOL

If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2021 at 5:46pm
Well .... the crowd on the martin facebookpage goes wild! Time for a limited edition production run .. flat pack of course ;)

Edited by Bams - 04 February 2021 at 5:47pm
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2021 at 10:23pm
Yep, we sent it over to Martin Audio to let them know and they have posted it to their Facebook page and it is getting lots of really positive responses.

https://www.facebook.com/martinaudioltd/photos/a.352132848200817/3654965367917532/
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
KWB75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KWB75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2021 at 10:37pm
Thanks all!

Yes, good to see Martin pick it up - some great feedback on there Embarrassed It’s been a nice little project to work on, apart from those bloody handles! I’ll take a few more pics over the weekend.

On to the next one, I’ve done the L’acoustics SB28/K2 stack, and the vintage reggae stack, what next?...
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2021 at 8:58am
Originally posted by KWB75 KWB75 wrote:

Thanks all!

Yes, good to see Martin pick it up - some great feedback on there Embarrassed It’s been a nice little project to work on, apart from those bloody handles! I’ll take a few more pics over the weekend.

On to the next one, I’ve done the L’acoustics SB28/K2 stack, and the vintage reggae stack, what next?...

Good to see Martin pick that up - warranted recognition of an amazing job well done!   Smile

And how did you make those handles? Or is that a trade secret!!  LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2021 at 9:50am
Originally posted by KWB75 KWB75 wrote:

Thanks all!

I reckon a Turbosound TMS3 would look awesome in miniature and I bet that a TSE111 would be about the size of a matchbox---keep up the good work!!
mattd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2021 at 7:56pm
Seriously if you ever make any to sell I'd certainly pay good money for one. 

I cant stop thinking about your tini martin rig haha! I have the full size version in the lockup.

Truly amazing project that is :)
KWB75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KWB75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2021 at 6:52pm
A few more pics...

fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2021 at 10:30am
Lovely
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
JYSE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JYSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 9:14am
Excellent stuff
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>