Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

One amp...three hogs...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingGwarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One amp...three hogs...
    Posted: 23 August 2016 at 11:06am
Ello,

I'm getting three hogs built soon, each will be loaded with a V18-1000. Can't quite afford four and don't have the time to build em myself as I need them in time for October, so I'll be building a fourth later down the line after the next pay check!

Anyhow, I was wondering if my QSC RMX 4050 would power the three hogs? The 4050 supposedly hits 4000w in 4ohm bridged mono and it'll be powering 3000w' worth of drivers...so is it possible to have one channel going to two hogs and the other channel going to one hog but still in 4ohm bridged mono?

Two 2-way 12" mids and two 18" reflex boxes will sit above the hogs, until I replace the reflexes with either a USB bin or a HD215.

Cheers in advance!

Milo.
Soundman inna Brighton town
King Gwarn Sound System
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 11:34am
no that's not how bridging works.

2 on one channel and 1 on the other is the only way to do that.
KingGwarn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingGwarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

no that's not how bridging works.

2 on one channel and 1 on the other is the only way to do that.

I can run the 4050 at 4ohm doing 1300w per channel...so are my only options to run two drivers off one channel and one off the other, or get a second amp?

thanks for the reply.
King Gwarn Sound System
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 12:18pm
No point loading HOGS with 1kw drivers mate, if you intend to drive 3x of them, with just QSC 4050HD.

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
KingGwarn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingGwarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

No point loading HOGS with 1kw drivers mate, if you intend to drive 3x of them, with just QSC 4050HD.

yeah it's looking like that's the case! Will keep the 4050 for my kicks then and get a more powerful amp to run the hogs.

would I have any problems running 4 x 1000w drivers off one amp in bridged or should I get an amp that could easily run two off each channel at 4ohm? (i.e. MC2 E45) will be looking at QSC, FFA, MC2 etc amps

cheers for the help

Edited by KingGwarn - 23 August 2016 at 12:31pm
King Gwarn Sound System
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 12:51pm
yes.. you can't do that. simply put, running 2 drivers on a bridged amp is running it absolutely as hard as it can go.

so yes.. a bigger amp is what you need.
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 1:16pm
running bridged into 2ohm [ie what load you have with 4 8ohm drivers in parralel which id assume is what you want to do] will put a 1ohm load on each channel that qsc will either go straight into protect, destroy itself or it will limit to well it just wont work 2 per channel is your best bet 
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
 Post Reply Post Reply