Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

one sub per side

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ಠ_ಠ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: one sub per side
    Posted: 02 September 2009 at 12:14am
what is the most beastly sub to do it? i have been on here forever and am possibly the most indecisive person i know as i always rethink my needs for 5 minutes then wander off to play a game or something... now i am considering TWO stacks with one sub and one midtop per side that do ALL ineed.  what is this one sub and one midtop in your more experienced eyes? i also intend to put wheels on the bottom then chain the midtop to the sub and am open to multiple driver subs.  My reasoning is having two big stacks with 3 big amps and a crossover to power subs, mids, and highs, and to just have two big stacks that just WHEEL around with deceptively loud sound for the small parties i do (largest sound for the smallest parties :D) and just say F lifting ill buy a handicap van... I am assuming bass, mids, and highs will all be horn.  what is the most epic combo like that in your more exposed eyes? or perhaps something more responsive to my weird flakyness to one up me would be cool too... i just like being able to set up by myself extremely quickly and safely it always influenced my needs in the past since i am not strong in any way whatsoever... but i know i get what i pay for and invest in and i need some heavy sound.  I hate to say it but i would love obscure designs for these two wheeled stacks and feel the intimidation factor of a sound system aesthetics is part of the fun :X
ಠ_ಠ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ಠ_ಠ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 12:19am

Edited by ಠ_ಠ - 02 September 2009 at 12:22am
ಠ_ಠ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ಠ_ಠ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 12:21am
a big varierty of techno gets played and whatnot... some is rly kicky some just booooom... i want it all to sound good.  i also by nature prefer more mystical trancey things outdoors and way more kicky electro indoors which influenced my decision on some GRIZZLY horns... they just fit from how i describe my indoor vs outdoor music tastes
breakdabeat pete View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breakdabeat pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 12:47am
if your only going to be using 1 bass bin per stack and want to go horn loaded i think you will have to have it in 1 single mono stack to make the horns couple

what type of tunes do you play too?
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Disco Stu View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disco Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 9:59am
If you want to use a single horn per side its either going to be rather large, or you would probably be best off compromising on full horn loading and going for something like a 15" tapped, or ported horn.

Stu
All you need to know is:
Sensitivity + Power Handling - Power Compression = Max Output

My acts:
www.myspace.com/thebowiexperience
www.myspace.com/scheisseelektronisches
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 10:49am
Simple solution, "Hogs" if you can handle the size/weight.

I was at a  venue a few weeks ago with just 3 in use and an absolutely unbelievable amount of air movement. Stick in some void 1200's and jobs a good-un

Tony
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Tony Wilkes Tony Wilkes wrote:

I was at a  venue a few weeks ago with just 3 in use and an absolutely unbelievable amount of air movement. Stick in some void 1200's and jobs a good-un

Tony

+1 I loaded mines with V1000 never really seen the use of more than 2ps( 4) 2alone work good Big smile
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 4:11pm
MEATGRINDER!!
kiriiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiriiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 5:55pm
Big Bertha. One per side.
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 6:56pm
what about 1x 6 WSX stuck together, one of those perside would do the job
LOL 
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Tony Wilkes Tony Wilkes wrote:

Tony

HOGS and techno ????   Dead
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 7:33pm
A good sub is a good sub period. The Hog is a great Sub. The upper bass/mid cab would have to be well thought out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>