Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Opus Audio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Opus Audio

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc


Joined: 03 November 2008
Location: Brighton
Status: Offline
Points: 7698
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2019 at 7:04pm
a pro operation doesn't tend to own anything that long Cool
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
Back to Top
Jacxy View Drop Down
Registered User
Registered User


Joined: 11 March 2015
Location: MK
Status: Offline
Points: 64
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2019 at 8:12pm
Reading jbl_mans thread this evening on recycling or giving older stuff a new lease of life (great read by the way) has really got some thoughts thinking about old Opus cabs lolLOL 

I could be just dreaming though, very hard to come by and the ones I have found have all been fully restored already. 
Almost everyone is born a genius and buried an idiot.
Back to Top
Justjake303 View Drop Down
Registered User
Registered User
Avatar

Joined: 23 July 2014
Location: DEVON
Status: Offline
Points: 29
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justjake303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2020 at 3:39pm
ive owned and loved my opus Soundsystem for years now and it is an absolute animal. The quality has never failed to put a smile on peoples faces at parties.
I have
2x CS750
4x SB218 (Ciare driver upgrade to 2kw per bin)
1x XS234 crossover
2x HD 1250/500 midtop amps
2x HD 2500/2500 Bass amps

As I live fairly local to the opus guys all work has always been carried out by them to their standards.
although now being a single dad I'm looking for a new home and someone who can work these beauties like they deserve.
Back to Top
Justjake303 View Drop Down
Registered User
Registered User
Avatar

Joined: 23 July 2014
Location: DEVON
Status: Offline
Points: 29
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justjake303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2020 at 3:40pm
Cant work out how to upload an image for the life of me else I would have included images :)
Back to Top
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc
Avatar

Joined: 28 November 2012
Location: Bristol
Status: Offline
Points: 604
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2020 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Justjake303 Justjake303 wrote:

Cant work out how to upload an image for the life of me else I would have included images :)

When you have made more than 10 posts you will then be able to upload pictures to these forums, by clicking on the 'tree' icon above the message composition window and following the instructions.

Or post your pic/pix to an external site and post a link with your message


Edited by BJtheDJ - 15 January 2020 at 4:32pm
Only users lose drugs
Back to Top
Justjake303 View Drop Down
Registered User
Registered User
Avatar

Joined: 23 July 2014
Location: DEVON
Status: Offline
Points: 29
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justjake303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2020 at 4:40pm
ah thank you lets get some posting points racked up then
Back to Top
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc


Joined: 13 November 2008
Location: Winchester
Status: Offline
Points: 3988
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2020 at 7:01pm
Another afficienado is Sheffield based  Mr James Folkes ex mod of this forum he was a martin modular man but in recent years has had this pervy thing for blue carpet,  for various reasons he no longer frequents the board but has been known to pop up on FaeceBook.

Bearded Theory is Opus Jody's next outing that I know off.  
  
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
Back to Top
Justjake303 View Drop Down
Registered User
Registered User
Avatar

Joined: 23 July 2014
Location: DEVON
Status: Offline
Points: 29
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justjake303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2020 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by 4D 4D wrote:

Another afficienado is Sheffield based  Mr James Folkes ex mod of this forum he was a martin modular man but in recent years has had this pervy thing for blue carpet,  for various reasons he no longer frequents the board but has been known to pop up on FaeceBook.

Bearded Theory is Opus Jody's next outing that I know off.  
  

ah brilliant maybe have to use a friends fb account and see if they are of any use to him. Thank you
Back to Top
NOISEYNEIGHBOURS View Drop Down
Registered User
Registered User


Joined: 25 October 2009
Location: Devon
Status: Offline
Points: 53
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NOISEYNEIGHBOURS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2020 at 7:16pm
Is this the opus that’s been in Exeter/Devon for the last few years, heard this a while ago never heard opus sing so sweeet...bad boi, is it for sale is it?? πŸ”ŠπŸ”ŠπŸ”ŠπŸ”Š
Originally posted by Justjake303 Justjake303 wrote:

ive owned and loved my opus Soundsystem for years now and it is an absolute animal. The quality has never failed to put a smile on peoples faces at parties.
I have
2x CS750
4x SB218 (Ciare driver upgrade to 2kw per bin)
1x XS234 crossover
2x HD 1250/500 midtop amps
2x HD 2500/2500 Bass amps

As I live fairly local to the opus guys all work has always been carried out by them to their standards.
although now being a single dad I'm looking for a new home and someone who can work these beauties like they deserve.


Edited by NOISEYNEIGHBOURS - 15 January 2020 at 7:17pm
"nice headphones, are they beats?"
Back to Top
Justjake303 View Drop Down
Registered User
Registered User
Avatar

Joined: 23 July 2014
Location: DEVON
Status: Offline
Points: 29
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justjake303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2020 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by NOISEYNEIGHBOURS NOISEYNEIGHBOURS wrote:

Is this the opus that’s been in Exeter/Devon for the last few years, heard this a while ago never heard opus sing so sweeet...bad boi, is it for sale is it?? πŸ”ŠπŸ”ŠπŸ”ŠπŸ”Š
Originally posted by Justjake303 Justjake303 wrote:

ive owned and loved my opus Soundsystem for years now and it is an absolute animal. The quality has never failed to put a smile on peoples faces at parties.
I have
2x CS750
4x SB218 (Ciare driver upgrade to 2kw per bin)
1x XS234 crossover
2x HD 1250/500 midtop amps
2x HD 2500/2500 Bass amps

As I live fairly local to the opus guys all work has always been carried out by them to their standards.
although now being a single dad I'm looking for a new home and someone who can work these beauties like they deserve.

Thanks yeah unfortunately I have to let it go as mentioned before. Nothing but the best work has been carried out on these they have been my pride and joy 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REDUCED-Opus-Audio-Developments-PA-Soundsystem-Ciare-Drivers-Speakers-And-Amps/324000655847?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160727114228%26meid%3D487ad23c860f4d0d814d72bf1b728467%26pid%3D100290%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D173344927543%26itm%3D324000655847%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2060778&_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507
Back to Top
Justjake303 View Drop Down
Registered User
Registered User
Avatar

Joined: 23 July 2014
Location: DEVON
Status: Offline
Points: 29
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justjake303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2020 at 7:26pm
Back to Top
jackSpug View Drop Down
Registered User
Registered User
Avatar

Joined: 31 January 2009
Location: mid wales
Status: Offline
Points: 221
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackSpug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2020 at 8:19pm
two people use this account
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.109 seconds.