Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Orbit" coax midrange horns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Orbit" coax midrange horns
    Posted: 02 April 2014 at 3:29pm
Just put a spatter coat on a prototype of one of my MDF coax mid range horns.  Im yet to listen to or measure this version but i think they look rather nice.  Im still getting the hang of the spatter coat, i had issues with keeping the air flow consistent, i think i need another regulator just before the gun.

James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2014 at 3:31pm
This is the horn, (or a variation of the horn) i did for a Celestion cabinet design competition, im going to test this mid horn before building the main cabinet and the other horn.

http://celestion.com/speakerworld/patech/1/99/CABINET_DESIGN_WINNER!/
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2014 at 3:44pm
Very nice.
music is the message
Shaun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2014 at 4:24pm
Very nice, love the design, would love to build some my self
Thomas Hosker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Hosker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2014 at 6:02pm
I wondered who designed that celestion plan! Dude the coax mid looks awesome!

Do you have anymore info on your lower mid horn?
WWW.T8Audio.Com
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2014 at 6:13pm
another nice looking project :-] tanks for saring :-]
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2014 at 6:17pm
Thanks guys,  i haven't built the low mid horn / main cabinet yet, though i have built a 12" ported version that is similar  that i should be testing in a few days.  I did a 15" version of this design that worked very well, this one i am aiming to make it even smaller and lighter, but with small loss of extension and SPL.

The texture is settling now, the paint im using does not seem to hold its texture too well, i might have to get some tuff cab ordered, or might just wire it up and listen to it tomorrow, its only a prototype.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2014 at 6:18pm
damn h button!!! take it no plans then? :p
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2014 at 6:29pm
Still undecided exactly what to do with this design so im afraid i wont be publishing detailed plans at the moment, also the mid horn is quite time consuming to build so i doubt it would be much use as a diy design, i had to build several jigs to laminate the hardboard and clamp the baffles while glue sets, and i want to experiment with another jig idea i had.  
Thomas Hosker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Hosker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2014 at 6:34pm
Any pics or info on the 15" version you did?
WWW.T8Audio.Com
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2014 at 7:23pm
The 15" was a test cab, chipboard / osb special, an ugly dog covered in plaster, not pretty to look at.   Sounded nice though. 
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2014 at 7:37pm
what was the useable bandwidth on the 15" horn?
i wasnt expecting you to give out plans just like that spesh considering its a comp winner just wanted to see if we can prompt more discussion get the old grey matter working lol well done sir!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>