Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ortofon System advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ortofon System advice
    Posted: 28 November 2021 at 5:47pm
Hi,

I need to get a couple of systems for my turntables. I think I will take any from Ortofon. I would like one that do not wear so much the records, as they are for a home basis use, but also would like to have a good sound quality and do not break my wallet. Which one would you recommend me?

Thank you!

JPF
richardwatts87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardwatts87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2021 at 6:37pm
I'm guessing you mean cartridges?

I was going to suggest https://www.shure.com/en-EU/products/dj-phono/m44-7

But it seems like Shure are no longer producing carts, and every example I have seen is a wee bit spendy... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265330925411?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338365712&toolid=20006&customid=EB29654605&

šŸ¤£ No

JPF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2021 at 8:12pm
Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I mean one of these for example:

Regards!

JPF
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2021 at 9:19pm
Ortofon 2m red.

Dont go with a DJ cartridge unless you need to backspin cue, which you don't unless you are mixing at home. 
ā€œThe fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it betterā€
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2021 at 9:55pm
stick with whatever type of stylus you have used in the past. switching from spherical to oval or vice versa will wear your records a lot.
Maze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2021 at 1:00am
I second the Ortofon Red, I've used it for my home stereo, it's a nice sounding cartridge. I've also been very satisfied with my Denon DL-110. Can't go wrong with either.
 Post Reply Post Reply