Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Passive phone speaker challenge?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old king coles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Passive phone speaker challenge?
    Posted: 30 October 2019 at 8:38am
I've been playing around with some 6mm ply and created a couple of speaker boxes for my phone to sit in with reasonable results...1st 1 is about 3x louder than just the phone but very tinny/hollow sounding, 2nd is only twice as loud as the phone on its own but sounds more bassy...
Anyone fancy a bash at making one? Winner obviously gets bragging rights and I might be able to stretch to a bag of Haribo for the winner Smile
PavelP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PavelP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2019 at 9:00pm
Volnovod audio https://vk.com/kb_volnovod
PavelP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PavelP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2019 at 9:04pm

red -- phone
grey -- phone in scoop speaker to the backwards
orange -- phone in scoop speaker to the forward
And no, I don't know why are we doing it.

Edited by PavelP - 06 November 2019 at 9:04pm
Volnovod audio https://vk.com/kb_volnovod
Old king coles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old king coles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2019 at 9:09pm
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2019 at 11:48pm
Haribo eh? 

I made one out of a hollowed out log. Looked kinda cool and sounded good but I never thought to measure it... mind you,  no one was throwing offers of starmix or goldbears about.
monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2019 at 9:20am
A few years ago when out in Mexico I met a chap who’d found an old conch shell that balanced perfectly on top of his phone speaker and the results were amazing! Can’t beat Mother Nature and the Fibonacci sequence!
blah blah blah blah blah......
 Post Reply Post Reply