Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PAudio SD21 2000n or 18Sound 21LW1400

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArthurG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2019 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Mircea Bartic Mircea Bartic wrote:

21" sell very poorly so it makes sense to buy chassis from other Chinese manufacturers. If they would make the mold , they will take years to recoup the investment.

Launching a 21" speaker is a great way to attract attention after going into the shadow for the past years.
In my opinion an excellent marketing stunt and probably a decent driver too.Clap

Really Mircea ?

This is stealing B&C industrial design and giving more sales to the copycat industry. A terrible move from Eminence, a respectable company in the past Dead

PS: 21" sales is all about the cost. I have very large demand if it was at reasonable price...
SpeakerAddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpeakerAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2019 at 4:53pm
they are buying baskets and building in house.  this is 1st gen of their new "Tour Grade" series.  we'll see what changes are made in Gen 2.  Regardless, is a killer on paper and can move as much air as a pair of typical 2x18 boxes so "cost" is realtive

Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2019 at 9:57pm
Where are the ts parameters ?
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2019 at 10:03pm
Not available yet for the general public.
SpeakerAddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpeakerAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 1:40am
I have the spec sheet.  I guess I better double check to be sure it can be posted
regardless, I can't post pics yet apparently

levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 2:24am
BL, Qes, Qts will tell you just how "tour grade", any driver is.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 9:05am
If they dont make the price atractive too, they wont sell much. Never mind the performance, added marketing value by putting Eminence inside is not ZERO but actually a negative value.
With that BC style basket people will always see it as BC. So another negative point there.
As i have read somewhere the price is arround the 900us$ mark. 
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 11:08am
EAW have got away with fitting Eminence drivers for years now in a lot of their popular models and they have done very well out of it.
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by ArthurG ArthurG wrote:

Really Mircea ?

This is stealing B&C industrial design and giving more sales to the copycat industry. A terrible move from Eminence, a respectable company in the past Dead

PS: 21" sales is all about the cost. I have very large demand if it was at reasonable price...

I don't know if the chassis is a complete copy of a B&C model.
It could be just the design that is similar, in which case it doesn't really matter.
I could even be a B&C Driver altogether.
I have seen drivers that are in reality BMS units sold by Eminence.
Also I know that they outsource the new line array horns
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 12:13pm
Do you know if the Eminence N151M-8 is actually built by BMS?  It is built very much like a BMS driver and performs and sounds very similar, i was not 100% certain if it was built by BMS or not...

Edited by Timebomb - 21 February 2019 at 12:14pm
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 12:20pm
The new Eminence HF drivers are 100% built in America, at Eminence. So is the new 21" range.
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Timebomb Timebomb wrote:

Do you know if the Eminence N151M-8 is actually built by BMS?  It is built very much like a BMS driver and performs and sounds very similar, i was not 100% certain if it was built by BMS or not...

BMS has the patents on ring radiator drivers and they are not sharing :))
JBL did something similar a few years back. Probably still do.
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>