Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PM M2s?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2018 at 11:36am
Would like details on both if possible, seller is unsure which version he has.
Paul Martyn SSL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Martyn SSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2018 at 11:57am
Hi,
He won't have the MK2 he'll either have MK1 version 1 or MK1 version 2 if that makes sense.
So MK1 V1 Volt M2500 10" mid driver on MK1 horn and RCF N681 1" comp driver on MK1 wide horn.
Very early versions never had any baff wadding around the 10" horn, later versions do.
Custom SSL passive filter for top end, there were a load made for live band PA companies who wanted a -3db cut in the top end, so we fitted a metal flick switch on the connector panel on the back.

The MK2 version I have for sale have:
Completely new cabinet design.
Volt M2500/2 10" mid driver (in it's own inner cabinet) on the MK2 horn, BMS 4548+ 1" comp driver on MK2 horn.
Custom updated SSL passive filter with flatter response so no need for a -3db switch. Also transit covers.

Power wise as a complete cabinet, 650w RMS was what I always powered them with via Lab Gruppen 2002 power amps.
I'll see if I have any pics of the MK2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Martyn SSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2018 at 11:57am
Sorry forgot to say £550.00 the pair for the MK2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Martyn SSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2018 at 12:10pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Martyn SSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2018 at 12:32pm
M2 MK2 dimensions
620mm wide, x 650mm deep x 630mm high
Weight 50Kg.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Martyn SSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2018 at 12:32pm
620mm wide at the front narrower at the back, sorry forgot.
junoprobelaunch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2018 at 1:07pm
Thanks alot for that mate! You've tempted me with the MK2s although the image isnt loading :/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Martyn SSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2018 at 1:11pm
Can't seem to post any pics...?
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2018 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Paul Martyn SSL Paul Martyn SSL wrote:

Can't seem to post any pics...?

You can upload images directly to the forum if they don't need to be very high resolution (it compresses them a bit) - 7th button along on the top row of the message editor screen gets you there.
If you do want good resolution, host offsite and insert a link in your post - imgur is one of the more popular imagehosts for that.
The image you tried to link to looks to be on facebook - so it could be that it's not set to public, or there was an error on copying over the image address.
HTH,
David.

Edited by DMorison - 03 November 2018 at 1:31pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Martyn SSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2018 at 6:13pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Martyn SSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2018 at 6:15pm
junoprobelaunch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2018 at 7:34pm
They look alot nicer than the ones I've been offered tbh! I'm very interested in em, will need to consult my partner but we're looking to buy tops at the end of this month and I'll definitely add them to the list of options.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>