Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PD 186 Versus Fane 18XB

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2006 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Sunil Sunil wrote:

Yes champion, i went carnival, aba shanti was wicked. He's using 186s though isnt he. The scoops are wicked. (Errol) King Earthquake gave me a design for a scoop, loaded with an 1850. Ill post them when i build them. My plans are to use the X1s with the scoops. Loaded with 1850s. What do you think!!!!!

What scoop design did Errol give you for the scoops? ASS design? If so you won't need the X1's.

Sunil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 7:27am
Nah one he made himself before he made his boxes. Same thing he told me, he said i have a choice. Use the scoops for small venues and when it gets larger, just add on the bandpass. The scoops alone will sound heavy though. Errols cousin has some and they sound heavy, punch you in your chest, even outdoors!
Dom View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by KAPSY KAPSY wrote:

Dom, what do the SD18's sound like in the X1? They are the only drivers that I can get here in NZ recommended for that cabinet. How much pwr can they take?

Thanks, Mike

SD18s sound great in the X1.  Never did any smaart measurements of the 3 different loaded cabs to give you any hard data, but the SD18 certainly models with a flatter response than either the void or the PD.

Can't give you any advice on power as I never ran them to the point they failed...  With the PD I'm confident to be able to push them hard...
"It sounded like a million fire engines chasing ten million ambulances through a war zone and it was played at a volume that made the empty chair beside me bleed."
Mike Severloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Severloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 10:07pm
Hi all,

cannot actually compare the drivers, but PD.186 produces a fine sound in the X1.
Even with a tiny 600 watts amp (limited and hi-passed of course).
And loud enough, too, thanx to the PDs high efficiency and +- 8mm Xmax.

Edited by Mike Severloh - 06 June 2007 at 10:08pm
Mike Severloh.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12