Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

pd1850 specs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minaximal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pd1850 specs
    Posted: 28 October 2004 at 3:22pm

does anyone know an equation to work out the le of the pd1850 or does anyone know it?.. (its not disclosed by pd) i'm designing a big basshorn and guessing le = 2.2 by looking at other comparative speakers, but i dont know if this is wrong and how it may affect horn resp.

cheers

Timber_MG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timber_MG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2004 at 3:29pm
Long vc = high Le (in general). However the effects of an Le = 2 only really come into play a bit higher up than what one'd like to operate most bass-horns, so you don't have to worry too much about that. Le is the inductive increase in impedance casued by the winding of the vc (Read Rog's T/S FAQ)

Martin
minaximal View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minaximal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2004 at 4:17pm

yeah, i new its normaly assumed to be taken at 1khz.. and thats way above the range i want the horn for..

thanks for clearing it up..

Post Reply Post Reply