Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

peavey cs4000

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by sKs01 sKs01 wrote:

looks like ill have to go for a str 3000 for the time being not sure if id fancy having the extra 20kilos to lug around for aproximatley the same specs, its a stop gap for sub and possably now just on kicks, might wait that litlle bit longer and get a void 8 / jts ua 6 straight off the bat. sorry for abusing this thread so badly but dont supose anyone recomends one over the other Ermm.

Decide if you want 2x or more 18s per channel on your amp, and which drivers you will be using.

Almost impossible to find any other 3k amp that will do 4ohm bridge into 2x 18s and stay as cool as Proline. This is mainly due to big man transformer.

"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
SteveAATW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveAATW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 10:33pm
Ah, fair enough then. For the money they are dammed good value, though not as good as they used to be, bloody euro rate
sKs01 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sKs01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 10:41pm
b&c cortesy of the man tony ASS (in some RX18's) once ive got some money, but thats down the line for the time i need something for my 15" scoops as im getting tried with the hassle of renting amps, will at some verry distant point once ive got things rolling hopefully be using 6 scoops though by then situation mightve changed. cant say i fancy 80 kilos of sub amp for the time being though lev even with the silly headroom.
You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by SteveAATW SteveAATW wrote:

Ah, fair enough then. For the money they are dammed good value, though not as good as they used to be, bloody euro rate

Yup.

Originally posted by sKs01 sKs01 wrote:

b&c cortesy of the man tony ASS (in some RX18's) once ive got some money, but thats down the line for the time i need something for my 15" scoops as im getting tried with the hassle of renting amps, will at some verry distant point once ive got things rolling hopefully be using 6 scoops though by then situation mightve changed. cant say i fancy 80 kilos of sub amp for the time being though lev even with the silly headroom.

Yup..

Dont like 15" scoops though...Dead

However, if you are definitely gonna be using 4-8 scoops, just get UA6 or Inf8 Mk2.

Or you could do 2x scoops per channel of a VZ5.. very tasty.

Edited by levyte357 - 14 May 2008 at 11:13pm
sKs01 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sKs01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 11:18pm
we rented a 5000vz once cant say it didnt hammer our 15's but id rather get something thats not been used for 10 years before i got my hands on it, plus nice to have that bit of room for improvement. our 15's may not be the best but their good workhorses on sub even if not the roundest sound pretty damn heavywieght never had any problems with them, still, when the times right im sure ill never look back.
You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2008 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by DUBPLATE DUBPLATE wrote:

peavey amps aint that bad i heard a peavey cs4000 at a session on sum 400/600 watt fane speakers

I can imagine what you heard Dubplate, as few of us (some from here) heard in a town hall the other day two Peavey CS4080HZ's driving 2 stacks of 8 Fane 18XB loaded scoops, & the building was definately getting a good hammering. One of the best systems I've heard in there to date!

I'm still wondering why these amps are hated so much.

From the management had to tell the system operator to turn down the bass, you just know big things was going on!

Rensaab, you need to bring out your machine in the town hall again. Wink 

Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

I have 6 GPS3400 that drive subs and sounds like earthquake.
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

If you exclude the CA18 which is more powerful than GPS3400, i would tell you that GPS sound better then the rest of the amps.
I have also tried CS4000 and hear no difference.

I read on here that they're basically the same, but one's for 2r use & the other for 4r!

MarjanM, you ever used/heard the CS4080HZ ? or Anyone else use them ?

Anyway, final question before I decide on which one to get!!!

Need help to decide on either Peavey CS4080HZ or Proline 3000 ?

I previously cancelled an order of the Peavey, & asked the shop to get me the Proline, but what I heard on Friday in Brixton Town Hall, I don't know if I've made the right decision. Confused

Don't need a new thread, as can ask here!
So all budget users, which one, & why ? Before it's too late to change my mind again or end up blowing the money again.

I don't really want to have to get both to test them for myself! as I know SP members are always there for good advice, most of the time. Thumbs%20Up

Cheers.

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
andyamp View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2008 at 6:05pm
Big%20smile
a wise man changes his mind a fool does not.
http://www.matrixamplification.com/
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2008 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

members are always there for good advice, most of the time. Thumbs%20Up

I know you like connecting loads of cabs to your amps sometimes, so I think you need amp with proven PSU, clipping/protection @ 2ohms.

EV P3K. Wink

RENSAAB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RENSAAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2008 at 11:13pm
"...as few of us (some from here) heard in a town hall the other day two Peavey CS4080HZ's driving 2 stacks of 8 Fane 18XB loaded scoops, & the building was definately getting a good hammering. One of the best systems I've heard in there to date!"

Tek that was my mates system (Tippa Audio System) i told you about some time back. He's not scared to try different things to get the best out of his system (you haven't heard the best of him yet Wink).

Who would believe XB's can perform like that Shocked. Btw he built those scoops himself!!!

Regarding the 4080, you may have to go with you're gut feeling. I've heard a few stories of them failing and taking drivers with them but we don't know under what circumstances these things happen. My personal feeling is they're great amps for the money and having bench tested them they do what it says on the tin (as you and others witnessed)!

Ren

"The secret of the Scoop, what a wonderful piece of Science" - Tony ASS.

"when the amplifier and voice coil are in complete synchronicity there is magic" - A Well Respected Amp Guru
SteveAATW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveAATW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2008 at 11:18pm
I haven't used the 4080 so this may be irrelevant, but I have used all the other recent CS amps and still own a fair few of them.

They are well built solid and work, but they aren't very good on sub. Unless there is something drastically different about the 4080 other than it being a bit bigger I can't see it being much different.

The GPS series are better at sub, but then they are more expensive
RENSAAB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RENSAAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2008 at 11:38pm
To be honest the 4080 is not very big for what it delivers but then it is a 4ohm min p/c amp and from what i witnessed savings have been made on the psu and general strength of the o/p stage.
"The secret of the Scoop, what a wonderful piece of Science" - Tony ASS.

"when the amplifier and voice coil are in complete synchronicity there is magic" - A Well Respected Amp Guru
justin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2008 at 1:17am

Edited by justin - 28 July 2008 at 12:31pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>