Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

peavey cs4000

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2008 at 1:42am
Originally posted by RENSAAB RENSAAB wrote:

To be honest the 4080 is not very big for what it delivers but then it is a 4ohm min p/c amp and from what i witnessed savings have been made on the psu and general strength of the o/p stage.

4080 is rated down to 4 ohms because the op stage is already "IN BRIDGE".
That is the easiest way to get 2000W per channel.

As i have been told by the member of PSW that worked at Peavey, GPS amps are in fact CA Crest series repacked in 2U space (with more efficient cooling system) and merged with the famous Peavey DDT protection circuit.
And that is a really good mariage of the two amp technologies.

As far as CS4000 i have very limited experience. I had one at just two gigs and past it to a friend for an emergency instalation. It performed great and the power difference against GPS3400 (1200vs2000 at 4 ohms) was noticable. I aslo didnt notice any sound quality diference.

Frankly speaking i am considering CS4000 for my future expansion. My subs are all 1200RMS so CS4000 will have more headroom than GPS3400 that i now use.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
RiddimKid View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiddimKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2008 at 2:14am
[QUOTE=justin][QUOTE

Y so much amps?

Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2008 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by RiddimKid RiddimKid wrote:

Y so much amps? 

Looks like open air event - maybe 4 sections/stacks of 16 subs! maybe not all in use!

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2008 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by RENSAAB RENSAAB wrote:

To be honest the 4080 is not very big for what it delivers but then it is a 4ohm min p/c amp and from what i witnessed savings have been made on the psu and general strength of the o/p stage.

So Ren, how much for your "Earthshaker" cs4080 Mod ?

"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2009 at 6:38pm
Heavy weight Tippa Audio System will be out & about very soon so if you want to hear the real deal with these Peavey amps & what they are capable of delivering, keep an eye on the roots & culture section. Wink 
**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
Turbomax55* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbomax55* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2021 at 3:46am
I was wondering is the peavey CS4000 completely Chinese built  ? Expensive amplifier is the CS really 30yrs old 💭
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2021 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Turbomax55* Turbomax55* wrote:

...is the CS really 30yrs old 💭

The early 'mk1' CS amps are nearly 50 years old now, the CS series, along with the Crown DC's and then the HH S500D are probably the oldest solid state high power amplifiers there are, it was all valve up until then.  
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2021 at 9:26pm
I've had and used a good few 'old peavey cs amps the 3u ones. Never the 2u as all reports where they are budget parts. 

Cs1200 was the 4u daddy. 
In bass no one can hear you scream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234