Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peavey CS6000

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred_dibna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peavey CS6000
    Posted: 30 December 2019 at 9:12pm
It seems Peavey have made a new CS6000 transformer amp weighing 32kg with what seems to be bloody big transformers. Does anyone know anything about these? Are Peavey back on form with an amp finally as good as the old CS1200x and CS1000x amps? 

Here's the manual : https://assets.peavey.com/literature/manuals/119046_36445.pdf

Edited by Fred_dibna - 30 December 2019 at 9:16pm
Fred_dibna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred_dibna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2019 at 9:16pm
Sorry for the bad image quality by the way it's the only picture I could find of it. 
Peter Jan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2019 at 9:37am
For what I know, these exist for about 15 years or so, but only available in a small number of countries. Makes no sense to me...
Where you got that info/picture from ? Could it be from an Asian fair or something ?
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2019 at 11:36am
Found a Vietmanese video of it.....read the comments below...seems to be some debate as to wether this a real Peavey product?

Be seeing you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred_dibna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2019 at 12:29pm
 I thought i'd browse the Peavey website and saw the CS4000 and CS6000 but i've not seen them before on the site, I looked a few months ago just browsing. I occasionally browse speaker manufacturer websites. 
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2019 at 2:03pm
Looking at the spec. manual....dated at the bottom 2006, wierd they put it in the retro 70's CS case...im betting it has plastic output devices rather than the mj15024/25 TO3's of the earlier amps.

http://assets.peavey.com/literature/manuals/119045_36439.pdf

Be seeing you.
Peter Jan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2019 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Fred_dibna Fred_dibna wrote:

I thought i'd browse the Peavey website and saw the CS4000 and CS6000 but i've not seen them before on the site

That's because they weren't there before, but they existed for many years and were available in some Asian countries.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred_dibna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2019 at 3:29pm
Those idiots at Peavey need to update their website then. 
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2020 at 1:04am
the old CS range date from the US-built era, and that amp is rather chinese-looking. Just sayin
Kevin

North Staffordshire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred_dibna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2020 at 9:06pm
Nearly everything is made in China nowadays, what makes it good or bad is quality control as you obviously know. Plus there are many Chinese amps that are great amps I think, it doesn't matter anyway because that amp isn't sold anywhere in the UK i've Googled it and not one place I can see. So I think it's probably an Asia only Peavey amp much in the same way Wharfedale's Focus series are America only and their WLA series is as far as I can tell Asia only. 
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2020 at 11:42pm
this isn't about chinese vs american build quality, that's not my point and it's already been argued to death on this and every other forum. What I'm saying is, is it a genuine peavey product or not? The CS4000 is normally in a 2u case, based on a crest design AFAIK.

The internal pic of that 'CS6000' appears to have a copy of a QSC RMX4050 inside it.

Edited by kedwardsleisure - 01 January 2020 at 11:44pm
Kevin

North Staffordshire

jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2020 at 9:01am
Yup,i agree Kevin, that whole rear heatsink and clumps of capacitors mounted on the PCB shouts Chinese to me, none of the american Peaveys had anything like that. Yup,looks like a Qsc clone in a retro case.

Very odd.
Be seeing you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>