Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of my X1 Build..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerbiscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 2:08pm
some nice straight horn PD126's and 2" comps will kick ass!
Mike Severloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Severloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 12:58pm
Hi adambomb  !

Your x-over setting is my dream come true ! Maybe there is someone in to countercheck this with only 24dB/okt, using a RANE AC23 for example. Or even an ALTO from down under should be enough, and reasonable.

I´d love to have electronics like this, too !

Yo mean PD.123, PD´s ultimate horn-12"s, right ?

Mike (from da lake).

Mike Severloh.
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 1:13pm

Bummer...

Hooked the X1 up to one of my new berry EP2500s..  bridged mono... (so that's about 1300w)

Didn't turn the limiter on... took my eye off the amps, playing with the Crossover, cough cough, bad burning smell, smoke.. DEAD 650EL...

My own stupid newbie fault.

Ordered the recone kit from PAP... £45.. she will be running again before the end of the week...

Was serious loud while running tho...had bits of plasterwork falling on my head... hard to breath etc... nice!

Lesson learned!... always set the limiters... never take you eye off the clip lights!

Edited by adambomb - 25 July 2006 at 1:14pm
zALTEC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zALTEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 2:17pm
Did you use some HP filter? I think you should not put over 600-700W on X1 with your driver or you'll need a recone kit every day...
gingerbiscuit69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerbiscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 5:22pm
just wait till our linkup ... should be very funny!
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 7:27pm
Here comes trouble...

Things really are getting silly now...

I have always used a 30hz high pass at 48db... was just too damn stupid and didn't watch what I was doing...

Other thing is that you can't really hear distortion in a bandpass box, till its too late...

Edited by adambomb - 25 July 2006 at 7:32pm
zALTEC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zALTEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 5:54am
Can you make some plots or SPL measurements outdoor halfspace (far from walls and everything) with your stack fully powered (i hope you bought some recone kits for you p.audios :LOL:)?
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 5:56am
Will certainly try... I think there is RTA / SPL software available... will have a go..

Only the one recone ordered... I won't be doing that again!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerbiscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 11:27am
now they look fun!
angus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by adambomb adambomb wrote:

Will certainly try... I think there is RTA / SPL software available... will have a go..

Only the one recone ordered... I won't be doing that again!

hate to be unerringly realistic, but even if you don't do it the same way again, you may well blow a driver a different way. and if not you, then someone else will. may as well get a couple spare in to have to hand in case of emergency. (you can guarantee the next time a cone goes it'll be Saturday night with no chance of a replacement until Monday/Tuesday...)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerbiscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 12:13pm
yeah, but not unless you are making a living from them! its really just about learning your lesson on why it died and not doing it again ... this time was excessive clipping! result = set limiters on!
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 2:51pm
As ginger said, ths really is only a hobby (a bloody expensive hobby)...

Leanrt my lesson... limiter will be osrted next time...

Besides.. if one did blow at a gig... reconing woudl take 24 hours (for the glue to set)... so that ain't gunna help... having spare complete drivers however would be a good move... if I was planning on making a living from this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>