Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of my X1 Build..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerbiscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 4:55am
well, its pretty impossible to change an actual driver at a gig, unless you have a spare crew member to do it .... you have to working on everytbing else ... one sub, altho annoying, woul;d only result in a slightly quieter night! ive run a party once where all my subs blew, two of my 4 mids and one comp, leaving me running on two 12" drivers and a 2" comp! turned the crossover right down to the min on everything and carryed on... only comment was that the portaloos were not resonating any more to the bass (50m behind the stack!)
angus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 6:43am
ok, cool, fair enough. i'll get my coat.

I was just pointing out that spares are a good idea in general. (I don't have any myself of course, as my tiny PA offering (2 X15s) just runs my living room setup and occasional house parties, but i'd like to think others were doing the right thing.)

They're complaining over there, but it's their fault!
gingerbiscuit69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerbiscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 7:16am
yeah, i agree spares are good, i tend to collect second hand bits off ebay as i see them as they work out sooo much cheaper! can only really change bits on smaller gigs. I now have 6 RCF N980 comp drivers, although one is blown and i only use two! been meaning to buy more flares for them so i can have a wall of comps!
madboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2007 at 2:00pm
Avril Lavigne - Sk8tr Boy.mp3
Baby - What Happened To That Boy (feat. The Clipse).mp3
 Outkast Feat. Sleepy Brown - The Way You Move-easymp3s.mp3
Foxy Brown feat. Sizzla - Come Fly With Me.mp3
Nightwish - Sleeping Sun.mp3  after 1.45 min. up to 2.15 mins :)
Three 6 Mafia - Who Run It.mp3
Three 6 Mafia - The End(Late Nite Tip).mp3
Three 6 Mafia ft. Project Pat - Chickenhead.MP3

tell us yours enclosure X1 do you give verry low bass.
i need sub enclosure for this music :)))) with verry low frequency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerbiscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2007 at 2:04pm
ummm, X1 will go very low mate, 30hz to be precise. thats about as low as music generally goes, pop sh*te and all. wont have much kick to it (the stuff that hits you), just the low fluid rumbling stuff! need something like HD15's or other kick bin then midtop on that!
madboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2007 at 2:24pm
i have some questions :)

whether/if he can give me low bass about 30Hz 

give me more low bass ) with high       SPL /1w

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerbiscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2007 at 2:27pm
its exactly the same thing!!

just has different dimentions to suit different stacking types.
madboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2007 at 3:08pm

have some questions :)

whether/if he can give me low bass about 30Hz 

give me more low bass ) with high       SPL /1w

but with second draft i what get?:) toward first draft.

Edited by madboy - 03 February 2007 at 4:12pm
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 7:16am
As gingerbiscuit69 said, they're exactly the same. So there will be NO difference is frequency response, spl etc.
madboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 2:53pm

i can`t comprehend why build different enclosure toward original speaker plan ??? NO difference is frequency response, spl .

WHY ???

Edited by madboy - 08 February 2007 at 2:56pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerbiscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 3:07pm
he changed it to suit the other speakers going into his stack, so it was square rather than all over the place.

technically the letterbox plan is more efficient due to more mouth area coupling with the floors getting more room gain. in reality i doubt it matters much!
al_x View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2007 at 5:40pm
@adambomb
we are also in the process of building x1's and a bit too strapped for cash to use sd18's for all 4
so the 650el it is then!
did you buy yours through PAP?
how long do they take to arrive?
thanks, alex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>