Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PKN XE 10000

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Grimshaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2019 at 10:19pm

for the amp shootout.

I'd be interested to put the Matrix 6004 against my Powersoft T604.

Chris
Quality sound from Sheffield
www.grimshawaudio.com
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2019 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by JonB67 JonB67 wrote:

Depending on timing I can add a updated sae pcm 20 (what ben at elements audio is selling as the ck 26,) and a matrix xt6004 if anyone is interested.  I'd like to see how the ck26 compares to the pkn. 

Suggest we run it all from a wonky old genny just to keep the speakerplans spirit alive. 

I’m afraid I won’t let you plug a Matrix amp into my cabinets and drive it to the limit. Unless you’re willing to foot a recone bill should the amp fail.

Edited by toastyghost - 06 December 2019 at 10:23pm
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2019 at 11:35pm
I assume they're all cheap Chinese pd1850 copies at £61 each? 
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2020 at 1:28am
Due to current circumstances I'm considering selling my 10k Pkn. I'd really rather not but an expensive divorce along with liquidation of my assets I may be open to sensible offers. PM directly on here if anyones interested. Sorry mods, understand the normal sale rules but my hands are tied so please delete this post if its a step to far. 
DjLeco View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DjLeco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2020 at 12:41am
Originally posted by U.Viktor U.Viktor wrote:

Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

It's better because you can't bridge it or go below 4 ohms without compromising the unit? Okay. Shame most '4 ohm nominal' systems dip below 4 ohms, regularly, eh? A bridged X4 can deliver 300v before clip, by the way. So if you compare apples to apples, considering the X4 is half bridge, you full bridge it and also have an amp that is aimed at 4 ohm usage. Plus a world class DSP and library of presets.

DSP does not solve the issue that Powersoft failed to exploit the advantages of three phase operation and they have put a *weak* undersized power supply into the X4. A 2KW power supply is simply NOT enough for a 20KW amp...
1. Here are the rectifier diodes of the power supply -- With very small heatsink => small heat dissipated because no serious current
2. There are very small fuses, 16A maybe? these fuses are not used in amplifier what can do 100A+ output, just check the K series with much beefier fuses.
3. There is minimal heatsinking of the amplifier parts because this amp can not do high crest factors.
We have measured it that time and I can confirm 4x ~470W capability instead of 4x ~5000W..  :-D

I see their bad modules sold with fancy DSP expensively, bit pity. Is not it?

X4 has around 190Joules / ch
XE10000 has 270Joules / ch

I uploaded this picture again because it mysteriously disappeared. I think that equipment shall be judged by its true physical construction and not based on marketing crap.

Very good and respectable posting!

Cheers mate!

For all Powersoft lovers, I put again this video, showing REAL ACTING of K10, you judge!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjGHKoTKRjk

Compaired to one olsdchool Crown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO_26jekWUw

And to the little brother of XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tWFikrMxHo

I'm A Stupid SMART Romanian...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234