Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PKN XE10000-U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2015 at 10:53pm
So it looks like i am the one that should be the scapegoat. 
They announced it a year or so ago. Viktor claimed it beat the K20 (or was it K10). But no info from anyone else anywhere.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2015 at 11:00pm
If you dont want to try it, get Peter to send it to me, I will happily test the XE10000

just a guy with a warehouse and a few speakers... www.bluearan.co.uk
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2015 at 7:34pm
It has a strange habit to pull down mains breakers when driven heavy on 4R or bellow.
The user definied fuse saving option is very handy but apparently the "16A fuse" settings is not always enough limit for 16A breaker.
I would say it is lot more power hungry than the 6000.
osse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2015 at 10:04am
MarjanM you say the xd and xe sound different on sub, to the xd's favour? without the voltage limiter would it be safe to say it's a valid sub amp (as good as powersoft?)
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2015 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by U.Viktor U.Viktor wrote:

It has a strange habit to pull down mains breakers when driven heavy on 4R or bellow.
The user definied fuse saving option is very handy but apparently the "16A fuse" settings is not always enough limit for 16A breaker.
I would say it is lot more power hungry than the 6000.

One assumes they have a 16A-D-curve, if they are daft enough to use a B curve they deserve silence, an amp like that will pull all it can from the mains, 16A is only 4KW, the amp will not be 100% efficient so a girlie little b-curve won't stand a chance as the PSU tries to power the load...
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2015 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by osse osse wrote:

MarjanM you say the xd and xe sound different on sub, to the xd's favour? without the voltage limiter would it be safe to say it's a valid sub amp (as good as powersoft?)

I never compared those directly. So i cant say.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2019 at 1:17pm
any one used one yet ?
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2019 at 2:57pm
I know someone here in the Netherlands has an XE-10000.
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2019 at 3:22pm
I have a demo unit here, it does what it should do, its basically an XE6000 with more headroom. But 5000W compared to 3650W is only going to give you around 1.5dB more headroom, which is audible, but as you get bigger and bigger with power levels, to make an noticeable difference you have to start doubling the power for it to be significant.

We use both 6000 and 10000 in hire stock, and Im very happy with both. The 10000 is for people who are power hungry and trying to squeeze every last bit of noise out of their system, but its quite rare for us to be able to use it in anger, so many venues have noise restrictions we can rarely let rip with it.

Edited by Andy Kos - 25 June 2019 at 3:23pm
just a guy with a warehouse and a few speakers... www.bluearan.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12