Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plan 18" scoop bins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 10:27pm
Good news: I'm going round my m8s next week to get the ASS scoop plans hopefully.As hes busy up until then.

Bad news: he wants £20 for the plan.

So as hes a m8 I've know for quite a while, I'm gonna try beat the price down, get him a few beers or green or something. As I don't want to be paying £20 for a photocopied plan that I probably won't even make.

Although 2 people are asking for the plans and probably others.

Edited by ToXiC - 23 November 2006 at 10:27pm
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2007 at 11:37am

ASS SCOOP BINS HAVE A GOOD REPUTATION AND WERE ONE OF THE FIRST 18 INCH CABS TO BE DEVELOPED FROM THE ORIGINAL J.B.L.4530.
THE RX18 WHICH IS PART OF A COMPLETE 5 WAY SYSTEM IS EVEN BETTER
REF. LORD GELLY
VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2007 at 4:50pm
I have never seen or heard ASS cabs, but many of you seem to think they are great. People been talking about these plans for some time. Lets see what is inside. He wants 20 for the plans......buy the plans..... post them .......and PM me your address and I will send you the funds. This is for info use only. This subject has been talked about too much .....lets see these plans.  VECTORDJ
jethrocker View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2007 at 5:08pm
Vector.. might be worth reading the thread, particularly the post above yours! (Hint..the poster is called TonyA.S.S.)
VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2007 at 9:00pm
Freedom of info. If the product is as good as every one claims then it should be no problem proving it. With the basic plans we can model it and discuss the design's  good and bad points. If this unit is at the leading edge it should  be covered by world wide patents. Where we all could see the design and yet it would be protected from large scale copy cat builders. However as most of us know most loudspeakers are just a slight change on the other guys products and as such can not get a patent. (How many ways are there to fold a horn???) If one really wanted to mass produce TonyA.S.S designs they only need to go buy or rent one from some hire company in the UK and copy it, but most guys on this forman are not going to take this info and start some world wide cab outfit to stomp on ASS. I myself can not hear these designs where I live and would like to know more about what makes them sound good. VECTORDJ
hikk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hikk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 3:20am
Originally posted by VECTORDJ VECTORDJ wrote:

I have never seen or heard ASS cabs, but many of you seem to think they are great. People been talking about these plans for some time. Lets see what is inside. He wants 20 for the plans......buy the plans..... post them .......and PM me your address and I will send you the funds. This is for info use only. This subject has been talked about too much .....lets see these plans.  VECTORDJ

Yes an exellent idea !Second post on this subject ALSO TRUE WORDS!
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 3:21am
AS YOU SAID, THE SHAPE ONLY VARIES SLIGHTLY FROM ONE CAB TO ANOTHER. SO YOU MUST ASK YOURSELF WHY DO SOME CABS SOUND SO BAD IF THEY ONLY DEVIATE SLIGHTLY FROM ONE THAT SOUNDS AMAZING.
SOME PEOPLE ONLY SEE SHAPES. SOME PEOPLE SEE NON RESONENT STUCTURES THAT ARE BUILT LIKE AN APARTMENT BLOCK. SOME PEOPLE HAVE BEEN BUILDING FOR A SHORT WHILE, SOME HAVE BEEN BUILDING SYSTEMS FOR 35 YEARS. ALSO WITH A SYSTEM THAT DOES NOT REQUIRE PLANS. YOU ARE CORRECT ABOUT THE PATENT. LETS FACE IT, NO ONE IS GOING TO RE-INVENT THE WHEEL. HOWEVER THERE IS A COPYRIGHT SITUATION WHEN IT COMES CALLING A CABINET A.S.S. AND PASSING IT OFF AS THE GENUINE THING THERE IS VERY LITTLE YOU CAN DO ABOUT COPYING PRODUCT. BUT IT MAY BE DIFFICULT JUST TO GIVE AWAY WHAT CAN BE A LIFETIMES WORK WHEN PEOPLE ARE EXPECTING TO GET THEIR PAY CHEQUE EVERY WEEK. LIKE THE BOXES, THE BUISNESS MUST ALSO HAVE A STUCTURE.
hikk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hikk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 3:28am
Originally posted by TONY.A.S.S. TONY.A.S.S. wrote:

AS YOU SAID, THE SHAPE ONLY VARIES SLIGHTLY FROM ONE CAB TO ANOTHER. SO YOU MUST ASK YOURSELF WHY DO SOME CABS SOUND SO BAD IF THEY ONLY DEVIATE SLIGHTLY FROM ONE THAT SOUNDS AMAZING.
SOME PEOPLE ONLY SEE SHAPES. SOME PEOPLE SEE NON RESONENT STUCTURES THAT ARE BUILT LIKE AN APARTMENT BLOCK. SOME PEOPLE HAVE BEEN BUILDING FOR A SHORT WHILE, SOME HAVE BEEN BUILDING SYSTEMS FOR 35 YEARS. ALSO WITH A SYSTEM THAT DOES NOT REQUIRE PLANS. YOU ARE CORRECT ABOUT THE PATENT. LETS FACE IT, NO ONE IS GOING TO RE-INVENT THE WHEEL. HOWEVER THERE IS A COPYRIGHT SITUATION WHEN IT COMES CALLING A CABINET A.S.S. AND PASSING IT OFF AS THE GENUINE THING THERE IS VERY LITTLE YOU CAN DO ABOUT COPYING PRODUCT. BUT IT MAY BE DIFFICULT JUST TO GIVE AWAY WHAT CAN BE A LIFETIMES WORK WHEN PEOPLE ARE EXPECTING TO GET THEIR PAY CHEQUE EVERY WEEK. LIKE THE BOXES, THE BUISNESS MUST ALSO HAVE A STUCTURE.

Ah but the people who build them selves are the ones that are more than likley not to by a brand name speaker cab.So at the end of the day the reality would be a very small if any loss in revenue......

As to what sounds best HOW MUCH actualy rest upon the HYPE rather than hard fact ? Perhaps a good sales pitch is more important than the thikness of a piece of wood...........Well in some casses it certainly is ..
VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 1:11pm
Please help TonyA.S.S. make payroll this week by buying some of his outstanding scoops. I still feel this forum should be based on free flowing info. God Bless and play it loud!!
staiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 5:00pm
hello,

...just note for all interested for powerfull 18" scoop
precise HOG - scoop plans with cutting list will be available next week.. (for free  as usual)

Best wishes,
         Stipe 
Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2007 at 4:20am
HOG scoop? please tell us more staipier, is this a 18" version of your micro scoop or something new?
Xmax extreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xmax extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2007 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Static Age Static Age wrote:

HOG scoop? please tell us more staipier, is this a 18" version of your micro scoop or something new?

hello mate,

you can view the initial plan of Staiper's HoG scoop at  the New Projects forum.

subject is Tapped Horn..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>