Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Plan ! - D-20 (hz) Macro Sub ..tapped horn by moi.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plan ! - D-20 (hz) Macro Sub ..tapped horn by moi.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 5:44am

great stuff fella

Clap

now you better go and get an umnbrella, its going to get sh*tty lol
nineleaves View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 5:49am
lol.. sod it, if it starts raining cats and dogs; ill feed them into a mulcher and sell them to a kebab wholesaler ;)
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 5:51am
Originally posted by space-face space-face wrote:

Hmm very nice, could you make one that works with a 15 or 18 inch drivers? I've a pair of pd154'sand a pair of v181000's  looking for a home and was thinking of trying to build something to play 20-40hz to go under some punishers I'm going to get,
LOL already started
rich, ind.st View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich, ind.st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 2:46pm
like a karlson/jenson hybrid :)
music is god
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 12:36am
Very nice! cheers for the plan! Clap
FlipC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlipC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 6:15am
I am sorry but I would call this a bit of a dud.
At 267 Lt it is 85 Db 1w@1M. at 20Hz.  There are so many better TH plans out there already for HT usage. ook over at the DIYAudio.com forums for plenty of HT designs.
Like the Spud clone. Or even over at Speakerstore.nl , volvotreter.de , or cowanaudio.com.
There are other sites but those are most informative.

I can only assume that the driver used has a higher efficiency that 85db ?
Didn't notice what driver was used?

I have been working awhile on a TH that
will come close to Danley TH-115 specs. Even though I have replicated the TH-Mini specs I haven't been able to do so with the 115.  Though I have come up with a dual 12" that out performs it at about $40 more cost. I have been trying to come up with a less than 400 Lt. TH that will produce down to 20Hz at at least 135 Db  in a quad stack.  Nothing as of yet.

mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 8:08am
Shocked

massisoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote massisoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 8:10am
driver?
Italian Sound
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 1:56pm
flipc ..where'd you get 85db 1w/m from ? :)

i dont see that, or hear that :)

the point of the cabinet is that this fold results in a smaller fold, with a shorter path than would be required if it was a standard taper rather than a reversed one.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 2:07pm
also, 267 lt ?
sorry, but thats erranious too..
(try punching the dimensions in here, if your'e not sure: http://www.ookingdom.com/metric/dim-to-capacity)

ext volume is just over 200 litres & internal is around 160l.

honestly,
you give something away for free.. and someone has to moan;
please, if you are going to criticise.. get your facts right & maybe we can work to potentially improve things, rather than belittle them :)

Edited by nineleaves - 13 March 2009 at 2:15pm
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 2:08pm
massisoda - Lab-12, but try others too :)

nice one mykey ;)
that box has got to be bigger :)

Edited by nineleaves - 13 March 2009 at 2:10pm
darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 2:14pm
flipc - are you sure you're looking at the correct plot? the one for 20hz rather than 30 hz i mean? when corner loaded it looks like decent sensitivity to me, from a relatively compact enclosureSmile fancy posting up your dual 12" plan or is it under wraps?

massisoda - the eminence lab 12.

i think it's really nice that someone will go to the effort of researching the effect of various padding arrangements, baffle slots etc. and then post up prediction plots along with decent real world measurements. its the best way of learning something on this forum, so cheers for posting nineleaves!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>