Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plans for:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGRIGBOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2014 at 1:44am
Hi Guys,
The drivers I currently have are Eminence Delta 12" LFA's rated at 500 Watts. Admittedly not the best driver in the world. But if they sound OK may try some RCF, Fanes, PD's or whatever anyone recommends. I think they (Emmys) go down to about 40Hz or thereabouts.
Thanks in advance,
Andy.
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2014 at 1:55am
Bose 302 is a bandpass sub that the Delta12LF drivers will work in... according to snippets I've read on forums anyway

Is this detailed enough for you?

BIGRIGBOY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGRIGBOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2014 at 11:13am
Thanks fella. Had some 302 some years ago and they worked Exteremly well, but were dam heavy. May be a bit on the large side for what im after.
Anyone else got any interesting plans?
Cheers,
Andy.
jjoakim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjoakim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2018 at 3:04pm
Hi

I found this thread for second time..

This is old one but interesting. 

I have Bose 502BEX and I found something odd with them. I thought that they are all the same but one of them has longer lower reflex pipe than another.

For the "blueprint", I would like to ask for clarify that are the dimensions inner or outer dimensions or the center of the mdf?

Have anyone done this cabinet?
And is there any foam inside and where?

And have anyone tested how this cabinet work, do I need two of these? like I need two 502BEX for both sides for most of the time.

502 are there but there is no low-end, the sound is "neutral"...

If I make this, what amp would I need? 

I have 802cII and 802c system controllers. 802c is for 302 sub.
802c2 is for 502 sub.

If I need only one of these compared to 502BEX, I would use 502 drivers in this cabinet. For now I drive the 502bex with 1800watt/ch amp(t-amp) with crossover, as 802c2 drives only 802 mk2.

Or is there any other cabinets that I can use with 502 drivers?
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2018 at 8:40pm
I'm sure there was one 502B that was out in the early 90's and then it changed when it became part of the Panarray series.

The 502B (whichever version) is not that good a cab anyway. Grossly overpriced for a chipboard cabinet! 90dB spl, with a max of 116dB, is what I'd expect from a home hifi, not a supposed professional cab.

There a several cabs of equal size, and smaller, that will out-perform the 502's. Search for Tham12 for a start. Whether the 502 driver will work in these cabs is another question. You might have to search the net for the T/S parameters and then see if they'll work or not.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
jjoakim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjoakim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2018 at 9:27pm
Hi and thanks for reply.

You said nothing about this 302 clone.. :D

But 502B(EXtended) is great sub in small place.

I tried to run two 502 subs with bridged mode in 4ohms but amp didnt handle the load. 502 is 450watt rms and 1600watt peak. Bose recommends 1200watt amp.

I did find 302 driver specs and for complete cabinet its only 250watt, 450watt max.. so its different driver for sure.

I also find all parameters for 302 sub driver.
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2018 at 10:16pm
Very good advice from Eddie, the box is very poor, the tham12 however is a stonking cab but driver dependent, a cubo12 is another good cab and might very well work with your drivers.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2018 at 11:02am
But then he would need lab 12s and those boxes are huge.
jjoakim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjoakim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2018 at 11:12am
I could get new drivers for new cabs.. but then.. I would like to get small, smaller than 502b(about 40x40x80cm), yet powerfull, louder and deeper bass than 502b's.

For the selling would be a bit hard here in Finland..
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2018 at 12:11pm
Ok if you are going to get new drivers and want small and deep and nice then you need to contact bee on here, ask him for plans for the q12, it was designed by the late and great Tony Wilkes, bee has the plans and would require a donation to the heart foundation, this is an excellent box and would be very easy to make into a double 12 cab, from what you've said this will certainly do the job very well, good luck Smile
jjoakim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjoakim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2018 at 6:51pm
Thanks. 

Does someone have picture of q12? Would like to see what's the look of it :)
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2018 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by jjoakim jjoakim wrote:

Thanks. 

Does someone have picture of q12? Would like to see what's the look of it :)
Contact bee he is also Elements audio so you can contact him there, I'm sure he will help.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>