Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plyboard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2005 at 9:25pm

Imagine lifting and moving around that 2x 18 inch w bin.lol

Permenant installation in a stadium/large club will suit giant boxes the best.

Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2005 at 9:28pm

That 2x 18 inch w bin is 151cm wide by 105cm tall by 91cm deep.

Wouldn't fit through a standard door, and weighs 200kg.

angus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 8:30am
Originally posted by LunchieTey LunchieTey wrote:

Looks nice and professional. In fact it looks 'pro' because it doesn't look like some home-made black fridge with ports...

Laughing my f**ing ass off!!

Cheered me up today. (No offence to the ginger one obviously, just the image of that potentially ludicrous situation. Has anyone actually used a fridge as a ready made enclosure? I'm sure you could do something funky with the doors and shelves to make it work right. Smeg head!)
gingerbiscuit69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerbiscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 11:38am
lol, ok, point is taken. After all, im just putting ideas forward, no need be a complete tw@t about it.
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2005 at 9:44am

@ gingerbiscuit69      kilos

irishman goes into a green grocer and ask for 3lb of potatoes

man in shop says ... sorry we dont call it that any more! we call them

kilos??

irishman says.... ok then , ill have 3lb of kilos

angus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 5:04am
@gingerbiscuit69 - the Smeg Head thing wasn't at you, just a general exclamation and a poor pun on a well known fridge maker. Nothing against you at all. (If you'd have seen me and heard me say it you'd understand! ) I totally agree that you've got to put your ideas out there - how are you going to know if they're any good unless people who've done this all before can give you some help and advice.
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 6:40am

@angus

Has anyone actually used a fridge as a ready made enclosure?

no but my mate used to have 12s and 15s mounted in his wardrobe

door with his clothes still in the wardrobe

Andrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2005 at 4:39am
How did the wardrobe contents compare to BAF Wadding?
Joe Grime View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Grime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2005 at 11:50am
Pants
Andrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2005 at 12:22pm
That's not very British!
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2005 at 2:18pm

Yeah as for huge boxes its not just touring use that uses big boxes. Most of the reggae soundsystems with 18 inch scoops which are bloody massive in size.I'm surpised how they get them into halls without getting their fingers trapped between the huge bass bin and the door when they move it in and out.

I already had a few of my fingers trapped between the bass bin and van side and was badly bruised, luckerly not broken. When taking out 18 inch reflex bass bins out of the van in a hurry to setup up for an event cos I got held up in major traffic, cos I was hours late.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12