Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Polar/1852 vs Tubby (PBS)/Red I

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subsubsub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Polar/1852 vs Tubby (PBS)/Red I
    Posted: 28 October 2016 at 10:29am
What's your opinion on these combos : Polar/1852 as use by Sinai and Dub Smugler or Tubby (PBS)/Red I as use by Jah Tubby.

Any feedback ?

Beer
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2016 at 10:32am
Smugglers have PD1850 in theirs!

It's my favourite scoop by far, to be honest.
ReubGold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReubGold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2016 at 10:43am
Is common knowledge, the PBS/Jah Tubbys Red-I Scoop is modded copy of the Kutty Red I Scoops, he made for WSP,  that Jah Tubbys bought.

Jah Tubbys never had decent Red-I Scoop, till he get dem. Wink
If he turns me into a zombie, first person I'm coming after is you.
subsubsub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subsubsub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2016 at 11:30am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Smugglers have PD1850 in theirs!

It's my favourite scoop by far, to be honest.

Thought they have 1852 in theirs, like Sinai.
Have you heard both (Sinai / Sumgglers) ? What's your opinion ?
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2016 at 3:11pm
Red eye suits the tubby box. From what ive heard of the 52 it either doesnt suit the polar scoop, or its just operator missing the lows and making them sound hard and harsh when its a naturally warmer sounding driver. And p.s i prefer the 52 over red eye. I havnt been impressed with all the times ive heard 52 apart from in lev.44 scoop and ultimate 52 full scoop
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2016 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

Red eye suits the tubby box. From what ive heard of the 52 it either doesnt suit the polar scoop, or its just operator missing the lows and making them sound hard and harsh when its a naturally warmer sounding driver. And p.s i prefer the 52 over red eye. I havnt been impressed with all the times ive heard 52 apart from in lev.44 scoop and ultimate 52 full scoop

Red I would suit JTS box, as Kutty refined driver with Roy, and prototyped box for it, till combo was ready. Wink

WSP was first  crew who to have Kutty Designed RedEye box.
WSP sold RedEye Scoops to JTS, when he was no longer sole owner of them, and the rarity was over.

Rest is history.. All that from actual people involved, not gossip.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2016 at 3:49pm
Due to Nostalgia, I keep looking back into PD1852s, but in reality, people already buying and using 18" Scoop drivers, which are superior to PDs.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2016 at 4:06pm
the problem i see is 99% of people buying 52s are playing them like turbomax
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2016 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

the problem i see is 99% of people buying 52s are playing them like turbomax

paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2016 at 7:52pm
One thing I will add is Sam PBS built a red eye scoop before seeing kuttys ones FACT I seen the pics and spoke on the phone to Sam about them while being built , tubbys then bought the wsp boxes and took them up and did tests between the 2 not hear say the chambers and throat are act very different and when you listen to them you can tell this ,I think if I ever decide to finally give in the 1850s it will be PBS and red eye for me too

Edited by paulus - 29 October 2016 at 8:02pm
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2016 at 8:38pm
Yes Paulus, JTS def did have Some Redeye Scoops built, before he bought the Kutty Scoop from WSP.

Howeverthe ones which really did the business for him were the Kutty version.

Some stuff then went on behind the scenes that some know, but I won't repeat here.

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2016 at 9:25pm
Lol... jts still hounded kutty for qss scoop and then bought qss scoop from wsp... WHY??? Surely you can see something is missing it doesnt quite add up. Jts builder made him scoops and he still wanted kuttys after...hmmm and then he wouldnt sell roberts old ones bk loool wonder why. Anyway who cares goin over old ground. Qss redeye scoop and the qss/jts/pbs play better than the 52 polar bears ive heard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>