Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Powered wedges

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Powered wedges
    Posted: 29 July 2018 at 6:59pm
looking for some powered wedges to cope with dj duty, 15+2 or 12+6+1

Sub £2,000 
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2018 at 10:51pm
why use wedges for dj’s..?

There is a pair of mint tms4’s for sale. I think he wants way to much for them but if they were to be had for reasonable money they would make bloody good dj mons.
In bass no one can hear you scream!
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2018 at 11:00pm
because a lot of gigs we do us screen behind the DJ and wedges will de clutter the look.  We’re cureently hiring wedges to sit on Subs or empty cases depending on gig.

So it’s Time we bought some 

We currently have a couple of pairs of Sherman ca6 and they are great bang for buck and size.

Do you have a pair of wedges for sale?
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2018 at 11:05pm
no sold all mine. You had some of the same I think, tmw212.
In bass no one can hear you scream!
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2018 at 11:24pm
TFM212s 
We use them for stage mons

Not enough guts for a dj mon 
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
4AC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4AC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2018 at 8:40am
TFM152-AN, actually great value for money. Powercon in/out, extensive and easy to use DSP with LCD that can be locked. Coaxial 15" speaker with 1.4" cd, all fully neodymium so very lightweight... Not to forge the ridiculous 10-year warranty (that's worth quite some $$$ to me). Downsides: easy accessable on/off switch (for crowds) and terribly placed handle on the underside (low weight makes this less of a big deal though).

Worth giving a try in my opinion, maybe you can get a demo somewhere. Should fit in your budget if you buy them at the right place.

There is also a much cheaper 'TFX' available. Which lacks the powercon, has much lower amplifier power and a totally different kind of coaxial (1" cd to start with). It is ridiculously cheap, price difference with the TFM is almost too muchif you ask me.
uǝɿɿɐʌǝ6ɯo sı ʇsʞǝʇ ǝzǝp
 Post Reply Post Reply