Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Powering my Adlib rig

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davies047 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Powering my Adlib rig
    Posted: 17 October 2019 at 3:09pm
Hello!
First time on the forum for me! Any help would be much appreciated. 
I’m currently using 2x adlib aa15hl subs (400w 8ohms) and 2xadlib aa151 tips (400w 8ohms) 

I got the system from a friend who was using a dynacore powermate 1000 to power the whole system. Subs really aren’t moving enough air. 

We’re looking at updating our desk so need to buy an amp. Would a QSC Gx7 be sufficient to power the lot or would I need to be looking at getting 2 amps? 

Thanks in advance for any advice. 
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2019 at 6:51pm
powering each frequency band separately with individual amplifiers (in your case subs and tops) with suitable speaker management ( high / low pass filters EQ, perhaps limiters) will invariably improve sound quality and system output. Caveat though - best to get everything set up by someone who knows exactly what they are doing...

Edited by csg - 17 October 2019 at 6:52pm
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
TMH Music View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMH Music Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2019 at 7:02pm
My 2p FWIW, if this was my system, I’d be looking at 2 stereo amps. A big boy amp that can do about 1000w a side into 8 ohms, for the subs, and a slightly smaller one, say 6-700w a side at 8 ohm for the mid/tops. You will also need a speaker management system to set high and low pass filters and limiters properly, to protect your speakers. Don’t be tempted to skimp on amps, the Skytec, Kool sound, Reloop Chinese special amps might say 2000w on the case but are more like 200, if you’re lucky. Better to buy old school QSC RMX, Yamaha P series and similar. They weigh a ton, but they have realistic output specs. If you want new, minimum budget would probably be Behringer NX series, or Thomann TA series. If you went with the Berrys, I’d be looking at NX6000 on bass and NX3000 on mid/tops. As for an LMS Behringer ultra drive takes a lot of beating
Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious
Chris Grimshaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Grimshaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2019 at 5:00pm
FWIW, I'd go for a pair of NX6000D.
It'd mean you've got built-in redundancy, among other things.

Chris
Quality sound from Sheffield
www.grimshawaudio.com
 Post Reply Post Reply