Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Powersoft K3 vs Digam 7000 on subs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgftrophy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Powersoft K3 vs Digam 7000 on subs
    Posted: 31 December 2021 at 11:24am
Hello friends, what do you think about K3 vs Digam 7000 on subs 2 ohms stereo, I have 4 powersoft digam 7000 many years running 2x dual 18 B&C 18 TBX100 indo each Chanel of the Digam7000 and I am very happy with it.. good headroom no issues or overheating.. I think that Old Digam7000 are kind a work horses! They are still working over the years almost 20 years! And the only issue is the rusting chassi..
mgftrophy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgftrophy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2021 at 11:36am
Do you think that Powersoft K3 Will play louder than Digam 7000 on subs?? On paper the specs say more power rms on Digam 7000 into 2ohms than K3? What do you think?
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2021 at 4:17pm
I have no experience with these amps but based on the specs alone it would seem to me the K3 is designed more to survive 2ohm operation that excel at it. That may or may not produce a noticable performance difference but I suspect it would and you would probably prefer how the Digam performs. 
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2021 at 7:17pm
Just get the K3. Newer design, PFC. Proven amp.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2021 at 8:08pm
Or get a bigger K series if you can, or stretch to a T series for the latest processing and features.
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2022 at 1:11am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Or get a bigger K series if you can, or stretch to a T series for the latest processing and features.

What are the T series like in the real world Kyle? Guess you have actually used them. The prices look attractive for monitor racks and such.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
 Post Reply Post Reply