Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Powersoft K8 to K10 Upgrade Card

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louder than loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Powersoft K8 to K10 Upgrade Card
    Posted: 28 September 2010 at 6:48pm
There was / is a chap on here who sold Powersoft K8 to K10 upgrade cards ?
If your reading this please could you email / pm me please thank you :)

Tim
07908-732936
Louder than loud View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louder than loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2010 at 8:53pm
:)
impulse-sound.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse-sound.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 7:37pm
It's easier to contact your distributor. As each card would only work once... 

And I think the price would be the same... or depending on the quantity you need... The normal price is de difference between K8 and K10...
Vincent Buttstedt
Impulse Sound Technology
Pombal, Portugal
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louder than loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 5:46am
I did get a price ( £520 ) but i've now sold the powersofts to a friend of mine.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Louder than loud Louder than loud wrote:

I did get a price ( £520 ) but i've now sold the powersofts to a friend of mine.

What are you using instead matey?
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 12:10pm
I only just read about this... http://www.powersoft.it/download_get.php?obj=1003
So the K4 and K10 all have the same internals!!! its just firmware seperating them?

what would stop someone "jailbreaking" a sh!t load of K4s? is there a long warrenty or something else that makes this not worthwhile. or is it not easily possible?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louder than loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Jake_Fielder Jake_Fielder wrote:

I only just read about this... http://www.powersoft.it/download_get.php?obj=1003
So the K4 and K10 all have the same internals!!! its just firmware seperating them?

what would stop someone "jailbreaking" a sh!t load of K4s? is there a long warrenty or something else that makes this not worthwhile. or is it not easily possible?

1: You cant
2: When you do an upgrade you need to enter another code given to you by powersoft with 72 hours-ish or the amp will go back to standard this is done via the web 

Toasty am buying a few bits as rethink was in need... theres a lot of cheap kit out there now so it a good time to buy Wink
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Jake_Fielder Jake_Fielder wrote:

The thing stopping somebody 'jailbreaking' the firmware is likely to be some ridiculously strong encryption in the hardware. It's not difficult to add a chip that verifies an encrypted signature key, same as found in HDCP protected Blu-Ray players etc.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louder than loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 12:38pm
Many have tried .... many have fcuked there amps lol 
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 12:46pm

If it got some serious attention from the right places it would fall eventually, but it'd take a lot of effort and it's a niche device really. Hackers tend to do their thing for recognition more than anything, and being the person who Powersoft sue into oblivion to allow a few PA hire companies to save a couple of hundred quid just isn't worth it.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louder than loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 1:36pm
Question
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

If it got some serious attention from the right places it would fall eventually, but it'd take a lot of effort and it's a niche device really. Hackers tend to do their thing for recognition more than anything, and being the person who Powersoft sue into oblivion to allow a few PA hire companies to save a couple of hundred quid just isn't worth it.

yeah that was what i was thinking, you definatly could tim. anything like that is possible, its probably going to be easier that the more tageted and bigger products like xbox, iphones etc. its just less people will try and do it. seems a bit odd that no hardware; transistors ,powersupply etc needs to be added! i would feel annoyed buying a k4! I know this happens with lots of products but normally there arent much hardware differances anyway
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>