Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

powersoft m50q dsp Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logsquared1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: powersoft m50q dsp Problems
    Posted: 26 October 2017 at 7:28pm
I bought a secondhand powersoft m50q dsp and it worked great on the first two gigs.  It has developed a problem where channel 1 made a crackling noise even with the pots turned down and the inputs unplugged.  Power cycling the amp seemed to help, then chan 1 started making the crackling noise after about a minute.  I have chan 1 and 2 mixed via software.  If I use chan 2 pot the amp passed audio fine.  If I used the chan 1 pot it cracked and distorted the audio.  When I raised the the gain going to the amp the noise stopped at a certain level and the amp functioned normally even when pot 1 was turned back down.

Any ideas?  Should I clean the connectors on the dsp cards, clean the pots?

TIA
THECANDLEMAN View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THECANDLEMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2017 at 8:31am
I know this might be a bit low level but have you given it a shot with a dif cable and not using any patch panel etc in the way.

Iv had this before with a split speaker cable on the same model amp
Motion Systems - Void Airmotion, Airten & Stasys 218 With Powersoft DSP
logsquared1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logsquared1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2017 at 3:03pm
Turns out the inside was completely full of dust.  Really fine dust.  Must have been enough dirt in there to cause the issues.  After cleaning it seems fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply