Print Page | Close Window

Wifi remote controller for the Ultradrive

Printed From: Speakerplans.com
Category: Plans
Forum Name: New Projects Forum
Forum Description: Forum for new speakerplans projects, in memory of Tony Wilkes, 1953 - 2014
URL: https://forum.speakerplans.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=101170
Printed Date: 03 July 2020 at 5:26pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Wifi remote controller for the Ultradrive
Posted By: Lasse Lukkari
Subject: Wifi remote controller for the Ultradrive
Date Posted: 22 January 2018 at 7:02pm
Hello!

It seems to be my first post here in 5 years. Real life catched up...

I have been recently prototyping a wifi remote controller for the Behringer Ultradrive DCX2496. The original PC software is only available for Windows and requires a RS232 serial port. Serial ports are not found in most new laptops. The parts for this project cost around the same as you would pay for a cheap usb to serial port adapter. Any device with a wifi and a browser can be used as the controller.

The project is built on top of a cheap microcontroller (ESP32). The device communicates with DCX2496 using the RS232 port and acts as wifi access point and a web server. It can be also made available in an existing wifi network but currently there is no access control other than the wifi access point password. The only external requirement is the 5V power source.

The user interface is a browser based html application. You can try out a demo of the control panel here: http://duinodcx.herokuapp.com/" rel="nofollow - . The page is not connected to a real device so feel free to play around. The settings will no be persisted or synced. To edit the settings you need to unlock the controls first.

When connected to a real device the changes are synced both ways. That means changes made directly to the Ultradrive are also synced back to the browser app. You can also keep multiple browser sessions open and updates will appear in all of them.

The whole project is released under the MIT licence so you can do pretty much whatever you want with it. All ideas, feature requests and code contributions are welcome.

Please understand that it’s an early prototype and a hobby project and there is no official support. I have not actually used it in a live situation and in total it has been so far tested with 3 devices that all have the v1.17 firmware. It has not been tested with the latest revision of the DCX2496. It’s also really easy change the settings a lot by accident. One misclick and your system is done.

The source code for the project and some additional info can be found here: https://github.com/lasselukkari/DuinoDCX" rel="nofollow - . The repository also includes the latest build that you can upload using the Arduino IDE.

Thanks to fellow forum member Ilkka Huhtakallio for contributing the code for the transfer functions. Without him there would not be any data for the graphs.

Replies:
Posted By: fatfreddiescat
Date Posted: 22 January 2018 at 7:22pm
WOW, nice work, very nice interface too.Clap

Posted By: djeddie
Date Posted: 22 January 2018 at 9:16pm
Clap
Nice work!

-------------
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB

Posted By: nuclearbass
Date Posted: 23 January 2018 at 8:48am
Really nice

-------------
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio

Posted By: concept-10
Date Posted: 23 January 2018 at 9:57am
Very nice

Posted By: studio45
Date Posted: 23 January 2018 at 3:45pm
Excellent work! 
But absolutely astonishing, really, that Behringer themselves haven't yet made this update to the DCX. LMS units with ethernet/Wifi control have been on the market for years now even in the budget arena.

-------------
Studio45 - Box Builder Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA

Posted By: JonB67
Date Posted: 23 January 2018 at 7:23pm
Im just about to get my first dsp and to be honest it's one of the things that's putting me off the dcx and onto the other more up to date options.

They must be developing either a new unit or at least a usb and software upgrade now????

Posted By: Risc_Terilia
Date Posted: 23 January 2018 at 7:46pm
This really breathes new life into an aging beast

Date Posted: 23 January 2018 at 9:12pm
But why would Berry invest time and money into the, already donkeys years old, DCX when it stills sells shed loads each year? My guess is they'll come out with a new version when sales drop off because of the lack of Ethernet/USB etc etc.

-------------

Posted By: aziz
Date Posted: 23 January 2018 at 10:16pm
I've been threatening to buy a dcx for the last year but I've been holding of because I know the second I get one,berry will release the new super duper version for half the cost and the old one will instantly be obsolete.
You looking at Betamax man here😃

Posted By: sgarfa
Date Posted: 24 January 2018 at 8:26am
really impressive, it would be nice to use this beautiful interface with other processors ..

-------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/ramirez_amd" rel="nofollow - Ramirez_amd TECHNO

Posted By: dylan-penguinmedia
Date Posted: 24 January 2018 at 9:09am
Great work.
We have about 40 Arduinos in the unit doing nothing, so we’ll have a bash at this one I think... Was just contemplating selling on our DCX, too!

Date Posted: 24 January 2018 at 9:15am
There's a bit of space inside the DCX's case, I wonder if these components could be mounted in there?

Date Posted: 24 January 2018 at 5:03pm
There is plenty of space inside it. The microcontroller has an onboard pcb antenna. If it's put inside a metal enclosure an external antenna would be required.

Posted By: colinmono
Date Posted: 24 January 2018 at 7:24pm
Great work! Would love to give this a try if I can find time.

Date Posted: 24 January 2018 at 7:39pm
I'm planning to order a pcb from china to make the setup a bit more straightforward to put together.

This needs a bit mode cleanup but here is the pcb layout I drew today. It's using only through hole components.

Posted By: MarjanM
Date Posted: 24 January 2018 at 11:14pm
I would by this as a full functioning unit.
Hit me a PM.

-------------
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713

Posted By: immortal
Date Posted: 25 January 2018 at 1:38pm
Very nice. I did something similar a few years ago with a raspberry pi for my final year project but it was no where near as nice as this haha.

-------------
Cemetery Sounds

Date Posted: 25 January 2018 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by immortal immortal wrote:

Very nice. I did something similar a few years ago with a raspberry pi for my final year project but it was no where near as nice as this haha.

Thanks for the Github star!

Date Posted: 26 January 2018 at 6:03am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

I would by this as a full functioning unit.
Hit me a PM.

I will. I just ordered the first prototype batch of the circuit boards. They should arrive before the end of next week.

Posted By: RoadRunnersDust
Date Posted: 27 January 2018 at 12:13am
Following 👌🏻

-------------
Buying myself a TFL-760H... piece by piece >.<

Date Posted: 04 February 2018 at 4:38pm
Already working with next iteration of the board. This can be screwed directly to the RS232 terminal. The board is standing vertically to avoid torque. Now there is also a connector for an external DC PSU. Too bad the whole China is on a holiday for next three weeks or so.

Can't be arsed to check the rx/tx polarity. It can be changed programmatically if it's the other way around. Last time just thinking about it gave me a headache. Ground plane would most likely simplify the board.

Date Posted: 04 February 2018 at 10:23pm
Im interested in this too now I've ordered a dcx!

Looks fantastic.

Date Posted: 05 February 2018 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Lasse Lukkari Lasse Lukkari wrote:

Already working with next iteration of the board. This can be screwed directly to the RS232 terminal. The board is standing vertically to avoid torque. Now there is also a connector for an external DC PSU. Too bad the whole China is on a holiday for next three weeks or so.

Can't be arsed to check the rx/tx polarity. It can be changed programmatically if it's the other way around. Last time just thinking about it gave me a headache. Ground plane would most likely simplify the board.

Is it going to be a kickstarter type thing?

Date Posted: 05 February 2018 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Risc_Terilia Risc_Terilia wrote:

Is it going to be a kickstarter type thing?

So far I haven't planned anything like that. The PCB proto shop that I'm using allows customers to sell their own designs on their website. I could make it available there. I intentionally used only through hole components so that it would be easy to solder without any professional equipment. The passive components are available in most electronic component stores and the MCU module is sold by tens of different chinese vendors and also by german and uk based distributors. Total BOM including postage to Finland is around 10€ for a single device.

I have no intention to make any money out of this project and even less to give any guarantees. I will release the board schematics under the same MIT licence at some point. The license is really permissive. Commercial use without creator attribution is completely accepted.

Added note 14.4.2020: You still need to make the MIT license visible for the software if you distribute it. The hardware is released under Creative Commons — Attribution 4.0 International. The open source licenses do not mean you can claim this to be your own work and all copyrights still hold.

Posted By: bob4
Date Posted: 07 February 2018 at 9:02pm
Stupid question..... Is it possible to control several daisychained dcx's with your controller?

Amazing project!

Posted By: RoadRunnersDust
Date Posted: 08 February 2018 at 12:46am
Originally posted by bob4 bob4 wrote:

Stupid question..... Is it possible to control several daisychained dcx's with your controller?

Amazing project!

They SHOULD inherently rebroadcast a RS485 network IIRC

-------------
Buying myself a TFL-760H... piece by piece >.<

Date Posted: 08 February 2018 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by bob4 bob4 wrote:

Yes it should support 16 devices but i have not tested this. In the upper right corner of the UI there is a drop down menu called "Select Device". They should all appear there.

I edited the PCB layout so that it uses a ground plane. With these changes the board became single sided. I doesn't really matter in this case but if it would be mass produced the price would be around half compared to a 2 layer design.

Date Posted: 04 April 2018 at 4:07pm
Finally managed to put together the first board. Seems to be working fine.

I will most likely change the microcontroller to an older model called esp8266. Luckily it's available with the same footprint. The new esp32 seems to still have many hardware level problems. Although software workarounds for these bug are possible I will rather use a proven design for now.

I will also create a boxed version with cables using the same board. This will be more suitable for touring rack installation and give better wifi range. 

Posted By: Hemisphere
Date Posted: 04 April 2018 at 4:18pm
Great work!

-------------
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zc4bGkU05o" rel="nofollow - Profit!

Date Posted: 04 April 2018 at 7:03pm
Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 04 April 2018 at 8:49pm
Let me know as soon as you have the first one ready. Ill buy it.

-------------
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com

Posted By: spongebob
Date Posted: 04 April 2018 at 8:51pm
Top work!

Date Posted: 04 April 2018 at 11:18pm
These look awesome. 

I have cash waiting as soon as a version for mobile rack mounted units is available!

So impressed!

Date Posted: 05 April 2018 at 6:16am
From the back side

Date Posted: 05 April 2018 at 6:17am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Let me know as soon as you have the first one ready. Ill buy it.

I will send you one for free once i'm done. 

Date Posted: 05 April 2018 at 8:00am
Brilliant work, like everyone else cash waiting.

Posted By: SamV
Date Posted: 05 April 2018 at 1:48pm
Same here. Looks great!

Posted By: tomelmore
Date Posted: 12 April 2018 at 3:49pm
Top work!

I started the same project a few years ago using a Raspberry pi, Python and nodejs. As soon as i started getting somewhere I managed to loose my laptop and never bothered to buy a new one since. You can add me to the order list as well Big smile.

Date Posted: 19 May 2018 at 8:15am
Slowly getting there but at least one more iteration is still needed after this. I need to move back the RS232 connector about 0.5mm and replace the DC connector with another one the will align the plug properly with the case.

Posted By: bob4
Date Posted: 19 May 2018 at 9:49am
wow that is GORGEUOS! Amazing work!

Posted By: spongebob
Date Posted: 19 May 2018 at 11:05am
Possible to use some sort of latching power connector?

Awesome work btw

Date Posted: 19 May 2018 at 11:11am
As i have said, i am buying two as soon as they are ready.

-------------
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com

Date Posted: 22 May 2018 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by spongebob spongebob wrote:

Possible to use some sort of latching power connector?

The case has a proper strain relief built in so I decided to remove the connector completely to save some space. The wires will be soldered directly to the pcb. The other end of the cable is a usb A connector. Any basic USB charger should work fine.

Posted By: scottylaroq
Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 6:46am
put me down for two if you will ship to canada.

Posted By: dekra54
Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 10:04am
Just some ideas.... :

If youre going top use a USB Phone charger as a Power supply maybe you can add a FTDI USB Serial Chip and a Switch so you can use booth WIFI and direct USB connection. (Not simultainiously of course). Then you maybe also can use it like some kind of management interface for the ESP WIFI Chip.

Posted By: smitske96
Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 10:59am
Also really interested! Very nice work Clap

Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 7:24pm
I got so lucky with the case.

Posted By: mmaudio
Date Posted: 27 May 2018 at 10:26am
I would love to purchase a couple of these too! Let me know when your ready to sell

Date Posted: 16 June 2018 at 10:53am
The first "final" version is ready! 

The solder paste stencil is still on its way so I had to dose the paste with a syringe. All SMD soldering was done with a hot air gun but I have also bought a cheap reflow oven from China. It should arrive in a month or so. When I get the oven I can do a small batch for a small group of beta testers.

Date Posted: 18 June 2018 at 12:04pm
Looks great!

Posted By: smoore
Date Posted: 19 June 2018 at 2:48pm
Also keen for one!

Date Posted: 19 July 2018 at 6:39am
First one out of my new oven!

I'm really happy about the results! 

This is the first project where I use SMD components and have designed the whole circuit and PCB myself. It's also the first time I'm using laser cur solder paste stencil and reflow oven too. There has been a lot to learn and I'm just starting to understand how much I still don't know.

Posted By: tomelmore
Date Posted: 19 July 2018 at 6:53am
Excellent work! Nice to see you’re producing these yourself, true diy! Now when can we get our hands on one, would be really handy during setup up for some festivals coming up soon? Wink

Date Posted: 19 July 2018 at 7:54am
Exceptional work Clap

Date Posted: 19 July 2018 at 1:07pm
You should be well proud matey

Date Posted: 19 July 2018 at 2:30pm
Excellent!!!

-------------
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com

Posted By: faup
Date Posted: 19 July 2018 at 6:42pm
Hello Lasse,

thanks for your great work, ESP32 and TTl converter is ordered in china.

BTW. i found one thing missing in remote app.

On DCX Delay settings you can also adjust the delay in millseconds ( concrete in mm and the view of msec changed accordingly ).

This would help on Settings with Phase measurments between bass cabinets.

Could you add in the feature the display of the delay's in msec too ?
I'm firm in perl and a little bit python , think the programming is in react, this is for me at this moment so called unknown territory.

Thanks again for this helpfull and cool piece of soft and hardware.

Greetings

Alex ( Soundengineer ) Germany

Date Posted: 19 July 2018 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by faup faup wrote:

Hello Lasse,
Could you add in the feature the display of the delay's in msec too ?

The conversion should be easy to do in the frontend. I'll do it when I have time.

Edit: I think i misread you. I was thinking about the conversion between time and distance. The so called "short delays" that are in milliseconds are only available for outputs. Is that what you are looking for?

Date Posted: 20 July 2018 at 5:36pm
A few more pictures

Posted By: smoore
Date Posted: 25 July 2018 at 9:57am
Looks wicked man! Is this now a finished product? Do you think you will be able to make some to sell eventually? I'd love one at some point

Date Posted: 17 August 2018 at 7:37am

I'm now ready to send a few units to selected group of beta testers. 4 are gone but I still got 3 more up for grabs. I'm giving these away for free but in exchange I want feedback. Drop me a pm if you want one. Please describe your intended usage in the message because at the moment I need people who would really try it out. It does not have to be anything special but at this point I really don't want these to collect dust on a shelf if I send you one.

I just updated the Demo UI with the latest build:  http://duinodcx.herokuapp.com" rel="nofollow - http://duinodcx.herokuapp.com

Not much has changed. The biggest improvement is the over the air firmware updates that can be now done directly from the html ui. Just drag and drop the new precompiled firmware file and it will reflash the controller.

Posted By: msoundsystem
Date Posted: 17 August 2018 at 8:35am
Check your pm buddy :) 

Date Posted: 18 August 2018 at 7:19pm
you may have a few pm's Wink

Date Posted: 19 August 2018 at 10:50am
All gone now :) I will create another batch after the first round of initial feedback.

Date Posted: 19 August 2018 at 3:40pm
Hello,

i got a few problems during compiling the code.

i checked out the git tree today 2018-08-19), which does not contain the /DuinoDCX/StaticFiles.h anymore.
i build my own by using the npm run build and  npm run dist, but my resulting file gets larger than your latest committed ( 3,6 Mbyte <> 3,4 Mbyte ).

Now the Arduino IDE tells me, the result of compiling reaches the maximum memory and fails afterwards.

Could you give me any suggestions, where i can adjust the resulting filesize of StaticFiles.h ?

another solution could be a commit of a smaller SaticFiles.h in repo again.

Thanks for your help

Alex

- Dev Board : http://www.smartarduino.com/esp32-development-board-wifi-bluetooth-ultra-low-power_p95103.html

https://startingelectronics.org/articles/ESP32-WROOM-testing/

BTW . could you find time to add a mseconds view in delay adjustments, would be nice

Date Posted: 19 August 2018 at 4:45pm
Set the Partition Scheme to Minimal SPIFFS (Large apps with OTA). This will make the flash based files system partition smaller and free more space for the actual app (1310720b -> 1966080b).

There must be something different between our build environments.

When I build the sketch with the default Partition Scheme the output is:
Sketch uses 1306430 bytes (99%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1310720 bytes.
Global variables use 98908 bytes (30%) of dynamic memory, leaving 228772 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 327680 bytes.

I have used the toolchain that builds the static files on multiple different Macs but no on any Windows machine.

Date Posted: 09 September 2018 at 11:54am
Originally posted by faup faup wrote:

BTW . could you find time to add a mseconds view in delay adjustments, would be nice

I finally had the time to implement this feature. All delays are now shown in milliseconds too. I used the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_sound#Practical_formula_for_dry_air" rel="nofollow - "Practical formula for dry air" and it seems to match the formula used in the actual device really well.

Date Posted: 09 September 2018 at 12:01pm
Thanks for adding this feature :-)

Date Posted: 13 September 2018 at 6:57pm
Attention beta testers. The firmware you have displays a false warning about not being able to connect to the wifi network when entering the credentials. Actually the connection works just fine when you see an IP address. 

Firmware updates can be found here  http://github.com/lasselukkari/DuinoDCX/releases/tag/v0.0.5" rel="nofollow - https://github.com/lasselukkari/DuinoDCX/releases  The upload works more reliably when connected directly to the device wifi.

Date Posted: 13 October 2018 at 10:53am
Status update:

Feedback from people has been really valuable. A lot of changes has been made to the UI and demo of the latest version is available at  http://duinodcx.herokuapp.com" rel="nofollow - http://duinodcx.herokuapp.com

The code seems to work with the latest firmware too but one device with the old 1.16 was experiencing problems. Further investigation is required.

Controlling multiple linked devices requires rs232 hardware flow control. This was kinda surprising because the master device communicates just fine without it. Luckily the MAX3232 has two channels. The other channel can be used for the RTS/CTS signals.

New PCB prototype that has the flow control pins connected to the MCU has been stuck for the past week in china outgoing customs. Apparently it is just some random check. Also the new board now has enough space on both sides of the antenna to follow the manufacturers spec. Two buttons have been added. One fore entering the flash mode and one for doing software reset in case of lost passwords etc.

Date Posted: 20 October 2018 at 10:40am
Hopefully the last iteration of the hardware for now:

Posted By: smitske96
Date Posted: 20 October 2018 at 11:56am
Great work! Clap

Date Posted: 20 October 2018 at 9:16pm
Yup. Very tidy. 

Date Posted: 23 October 2018 at 8:01pm
Open sourced the hardware too:  https://github.com/lasselukkari/SerialChiller" rel="nofollow - https://github.com/lasselukkari/SerialChiller

Date Posted: 22 December 2018 at 2:30pm
Happy holidays! 

I’m again making some boards available for a few new beta testers.

I exchange I would like you to:
  • Provide your full address in a format that I can directly copy to the packet. Pay attention to capital letters, line breaks and please write your country name in english.
  • Send me an email once you have received the shipment and verify that you are able to create a connection to the controller. No Ultradrive needed at this point. Please also check for firmware updates.
  • Send me an email once you have verified that it works with your Ultradrive. I would like to know the firmware version of your Ultradrive. I really hope you could do this within two months after receiving shipment. 
  • Provide feedback and ask for help if you run into any problems
I will send one controller for free to the first five who reply to this thread saying they want one. I will pm you for further details.

Date Posted: 22 December 2018 at 3:56pm
One gone. Please reply here if you want one so others know if there is any left. Do not pm me yet.

Posted By: colinmono
Date Posted: 22 December 2018 at 4:03pm
Ooh yes please! Would love to take you up on this.

Posted By: aziz
Date Posted: 22 December 2018 at 4:57pm
I would take one as well

Posted By: Jo bg
Date Posted: 22 December 2018 at 5:36pm
I would gladly try one.
Willing to cover shipment or other expenses!

Date Posted: 22 December 2018 at 5:56pm
Yes please. We have a few ultradrives on a shelf that don’t get much use any more, be good to make them more useful again!
Also it’s the perfect time of year to have time to play with these things!

Date Posted: 22 December 2018 at 6:01pm
All gone for now. I will make more available later.

Date Posted: 22 December 2018 at 6:10pm
I've been beta testing and I've got to say im impressed.  Delivers what it promised. These will sell like hot cakes once available and rightly so.  Everyone needs one in their amp rack!

Date Posted: 23 December 2018 at 5:27pm
There was a cancellation so one more to go.

Date Posted: 23 December 2018 at 6:50pm
Yes Please, three Ultradrives here.

Date Posted: 25 December 2018 at 7:45pm

Date Posted: 27 December 2018 at 2:46pm
Great to see the development journey of the product, and how the design has evolved - strong work!

Posted By: AudioAddictz
Date Posted: 27 December 2018 at 5:18pm
been thinking of getting an ultradrive for a while ... this makes it a much more attractive purchase 

-------------
Reality .. It might look the same but it dont taste the same

Posted By: monkeypuzzle
Date Posted: 27 December 2018 at 11:18pm
As much as I’d love one to have a play with I don’t use my drive enough to be able to give you regular and varied real life reports on its use. I am very interested in this though as it becomes a viable product. Are you at a stage yet where you can give an idea as to what the projected cost point is to be and how people on here might be able to purchase once the development stage comes to an end?

Cheers

-------------
blah blah blah blah blah......

Date Posted: 28 December 2018 at 11:16am
Originally posted by monkeypuzzle monkeypuzzle wrote:

Are you at a stage yet where you can give an idea as to what the projected cost point is to be and how people on here might be able to purchase once the development stage comes to an end?

This is mostly copied from another discussion:

The problem is that I have no interest to commercialise this. If I would invest thousands of euros the economics of scale would start to work and I could bring the price down to a reasonable level. Currently I'm building these at home and while the parts cost next to nothing my freetime is limited. I also don't have the time to provide this any sort of guaranteed support or even proper up to date documentation. I really hope this could be a community driven project.

To be honest I'm really puzzled what to do with the project now.

Posted By: I-shen Soundboy
Date Posted: 28 December 2018 at 11:30am
Offer the lot to Uli?  Or more likely his ex-Midas R&D dept.
For many, many beans, of course....

Date Posted: 28 December 2018 at 11:42am
Originally posted by I-shen Soundboy I-shen Soundboy wrote:

Offer the lot to Uli?  Or more likely his ex-Midas R&D dept.
For many, many beans, of course....

Everything is already released under MIT and Creative Commons licenses. Anyone is free to start a business with this.

Posted By: I-shen Soundboy
Date Posted: 28 December 2018 at 11:53am
I was amazed at your dexterity in the video, ICs & SMT components are the way to go but takes this project beyond DIY or kit territory for most.

Respect for open sourcing /CC,  but I hope someone with experience of electronic subcontracting picks up on it soon or you're going to be getting a lot of build requests.

Date Posted: 08 January 2019 at 12:56pm
Great little device, up and running with one of my DCX's on V1.16 firmware.

Default login details for anybody trying them out:

SSID: DCX2496
Password: Ultradrive

Browser Login:

Username: DCX2496
Password: Ultradrive

Clap

Posted By: Lech
Date Posted: 25 June 2019 at 6:33am
Hey,

outstanding work!!

Is there any possibility that you send one of these over to germany?
Would love to give a small donation for this!

greets,

Lech

Date Posted: 14 July 2019 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Lech Lech wrote:

Hey,

outstanding work!!

Is there any possibility that you send one of these over to germany?
Would love to give a small donation for this!

greets,

Lech

Check your inbox.

Posted By: Meat
Date Posted: 14 July 2019 at 3:38pm
You could release them using the DIYaudio site maybe if you're looking to reduce your workload on running it?

They already have a number of community run projects and I'm sure they'd be delighted to have another one as strong as yours to add.

-------------
Don't test the champignon sound

Posted By: Jost96
Date Posted: 31 July 2019 at 9:26am
Hey Lasse,
I have three DCX 2496 One is updated from 1.16 to 1.1.7 the second was 1.1.7 and the thrid is 1.18a. 
I have bought the components for one Adapter. I want to build it in the controller with a small 5V powersupply. I have a dev. board and a MAX3232 chip on a little PCB. I installed the firmware and I cann see the Website when I log on into the wifi. But there shows only up searching. Should I connect RTS to CTS on the controller side? And what is if I want to control two devices?

Date Posted: 04 August 2019 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Jost96 Jost96 wrote:

Hey Lasse,
I have three DCX 2496 One is updated from 1.16 to 1.1.7 the second was 1.1.7 and the thrid is 1.18a. 
I have bought the components for one Adapter. I want to build it in the controller with a small 5V powersupply. I have a dev. board and a MAX3232 chip on a little PCB. I installed the firmware and I cann see the Website when I log on into the wifi. But there shows only up searching. Should I connect RTS to CTS on the controller side? And what is if I want to control two devices?

Sounds like there is a problem with the RS232 connection. Please create a new issue at github:  https://github.com/lasselukkari/DuinoDCX/issues/new" rel="nofollow - https://github.com/lasselukkari/DuinoDCX/issues/new . I'm trying to collect all the support requests to one place. Please include a picture of your wiring too. I will help you to debug the hardware issue there. I can provide you a simple software that can verify that your wiring is correct.

It works without RTS and CTS as long as you do not enable hardware flow control. It is by default disabled in the settings. 

For the 5V power supply I would just use a USB power bank but it will not be really that efficient as the actual VCC of the system is 3.3V. To be honest I do not see much benefit of making it completely wireless as the Ultradrive will need mains AC anyway.

Posted By: Jost96
Date Posted: 08 August 2019 at 1:46pm
So at first thank you for your great help! I want to put everything on a pcb an then into the DCX with a small 5v supply so I must not got and search the 5V from the system. Then I have it always with the controller, maybe a second switch to turn it of on gigs.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net