Forum Description: All plan requests here
URL: https://forum.speakerplans.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=101970
Printed Date: 19 April 2024 at 5:50pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 10 inch line array
Posted By: stanley dj
Subject: 10 inch line array
Date Posted: 27 May 2018 at 7:55pm
hi  all  anybody have some plans   of  line array cabinets that  works  with  eminence delta 10b     have  here  32 drivers   and  32 compression drivers  with  dosc waveguides  thanks  all

Replies:
Posted By: P@Freak
Date Posted: 28 May 2018 at 2:09pm
V-Dosc Waveguides are for 10" Grid Dimensions ?!!

Wink P@Freak

Date Posted: 28 May 2018 at 2:51pm
each cabinet will have 2x10 drivers  maybe 2x6 Inch mid  and 2x 1 inch compression drivers with waveguide  something like l acustic ones   have all except mid drivers .xover should be round 80 Hz for low and 1200hz for high

Posted By: JonB67
Date Posted: 29 May 2018 at 8:04am
If you do some searches on here you'll find no one is giving out line array plans because the time and cost involved in developing them means its only viable as a commercial venture.  

But search anyway, you may find something useful in those threads.  

Date Posted: 29 May 2018 at 10:20am
i know is not sipmle I don't mind to spend some not crazy money all I need is the volume ,tuning of the lf driver cabinet  to sound good and get Max is driver without damage 

Date Posted: 29 May 2018 at 10:32am
Go and read as suggested if you're serious.  You'll find that its not just volume and tuning for line array.  

If you just want to build a few tops then download winisd, its a free piece of software that means you can easily work out just what you've asked.  Loads of info on here and the net if you hit search and google. 

A quick heads up, the people on here will help with their hard earnt knowledge you if you want to learn, but may not spoon feed you the answers if you cant be bothered to put in any effort. 

Date Posted: 29 May 2018 at 10:51am
i read a lot  I have my HF side sorted  all my problem is now lf side.  I done loads of research and experimental cabinets but I can't move any folder without help of somebody who done it before  and all is cost me 2 much at this point so don't want to  wasate more time and money without any more knowelage  

Date Posted: 29 May 2018 at 12:26pm
There are no free plans for line array. None. They're to expensive to r and d for people to give them for free.

What is it you are actually trying to do? 

If you just want help working out the volume and tuning to put a given driver in a midtop that's easy but its not what you've asked for so far...

Jon

Date Posted: 29 May 2018 at 1:18pm
i want build line arrays not just mid/high cabs as I have drivers wave guides and all I need guide what type of lay out straight or in angle also need somebody who can design cabinet .to suit my drivers 

Posted By: citizensc
Date Posted: 29 May 2018 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by stanley dj stanley dj wrote:

i want build line arrays not just mid/high cabs as I have drivers wave guides and all I need guide what type of lay out straight or in angle also need somebody who can design cabinet .to suit my drivers 

Serious question: Do you know the difference between lots of reflex mid-tops stacked on top of each-other and a line array? Like are you able to explain it in technical terms? If the answer is 'no' then you should probs try something a little more simple to start with. I have built maybe 20 or 30 cabs, designed and built my own reflex dj monitors and run a sound system for the last couple of years. I wouldn't even think about attempting to build a line array at this point. I know enough to know; I don't know near enough, if you know what I mean. 

Another serious question: What are you planning on using these speakers for? Do you have a specific genre, crowd size, location? or do you just sort of want to build a line array? 

Date Posted: 29 May 2018 at 4:07pm
i need line array to fill out small town festival  and usable to most genders of music  I know few horn loaded cabs it makes but line array is chalange  alslo I have drivers and I like to used it l

Posted By: MarjanM
Date Posted: 29 May 2018 at 4:49pm
Just because you have drivers, it does not mean they are suitable for a line array box. 
Slapping bunch of vertically hanged boxes, does not make it a line array. It is much more complex then that.
Hardware is a whole another story. You must certify it if you want to fly the boxes in public.

-------------
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713

Date Posted: 29 May 2018 at 4:54pm
this is not answer to who can help to build

Posted By: Jo bg
Date Posted: 29 May 2018 at 6:12pm
Hi, people are trying to help you telling you that designing and building a line array is not an easy task, even for seasoned builders, and it takes a lot more than just hanging ten boxes one above the other, and buying drivers is only part of the cost.

As Marjan said, to fly anything it has to be certified, and it costs, and rigging hardware itself is not cheap and you can't cut corners on safety, nobody will help you if you put people's life in danger.

how many amps and processors - or dsp amps you have? to successfully deploy a line array you need to process many speaker in a different way, it takes a lot of dsp and amp channels... that cost money too.

tuning and aligning a "simple" four way system is not an immediate task, and the art can be refined for years.
tuning and aligning - don't ask about designing it...- a line array needs a lot more knowledge , that means study, and measurement equipment. both cost money.

the knowledge behind the design and deploying and the appropriate processing will make the speakers behave like a line array, without that it will only look like an array and sound bad like any random pile of boxes.

if you don't allready have all the knowledge needed, the workshop and the time and the equipment to build prototypes, test them, burn them and start again, and have amps and dsp and knowledge again to run it, it probably does not make any sense for you to sink more money into a line array.
I know, Peter Morris built his diy line array, but is not your usual diyer...

good news is that speakers and amps nowadays do wonders, maybe marketing convinced you that you need a line array but many times point source are easier to deploy and more effective for crowds larger that you think.

if you could specify your needs better in terms of coverage needed, required spl, musical genres, and the drivers you allready have we could help you with appropriate diy friendly projects.

If you really need a line array, maybe because that's all your clients want, than you'd better look at second hand or have a professional design it for you... there is far too much research and time involved in designing a working line array that you can't expect that level of knowledge given away for free.

Again people are really trying to help you, there are no line array plans around for a reason.

Posted By: Hemisphere
Date Posted: 29 May 2018 at 6:42pm
if you check this blokes other thread he has some BR 21's with custom drivers and routered branding so I think he's serious about doing this commercially. Not the average 'line array plans please' dreamer but of course most of the above points stand. At minimum you probably need to pay someone for professional consultation on this project (which will only be the beginning of a web of professional services unless you're a very fast learner with development resources to hand). It will not be a free lunch. 

Lol I just read his other posts, I take it back. Classic dreamer. You don't need a line array! 

You've bought the drivers now so you may as well make something with them though. Whatever it is it won't be a line array but it might be an array of boxes in a line (or column) and for a small town festival that'll provably be just fine.

Just don't say 'line array' because that only confuses things.  

-------------
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zc4bGkU05o" rel="nofollow - Profit!

Date Posted: 29 May 2018 at 6:53pm
finally somebody nice :) ,I know this not be a free plans I don't mind spend some money  but budget is not big  I have  loads of cnc machines and. And top engineers available to do rigging hardware and  wood work  I will not stop tryin  and soonest I get any working model  I will posted up 

Date Posted: 29 May 2018 at 7:13pm
the point people are making is that in order for an array of speakers to function as a line array you need to employ professional services which will go way beyond your budget or the scope of a DIY project.

I still recommend professional consultation but a responsible professional will tell you more or less what you've heard here, only if you paid to be told you might be more likely to listen.

If you can find someone who will tell step you through the technical process - honestly - and that process falls within your budget then absolutely, go for it, but you won't find that information dispensed for free on a forum as it's just top in depth and would be a waste of the time of all involved in 99% of cases.

-------------

Posted By: concept-10
Date Posted: 29 May 2018 at 8:21pm
How about point source? much better in my opinion, still not an easy or cheap build (iv,e done a few) but the rewards are good, could be a better option.

Date Posted: 29 May 2018 at 10:11pm

So the answer is anyone who has developed a line array. Good luck getting plans or help off martin or lacoustics or void or mm acoustics. They've spent 10s or 100s of thousands to develop it.  They'd want more than the cost of the boxes to help you develop your own. 

And for the record everyone has been nice to you! They might not have given you plans but the advice has all been free, freely given and well intentioned.

I think if you move your goals as to what you want you'll get more of the support you seek.  Wink

Posted By: toastyghost
Date Posted: 30 May 2018 at 9:30am
Originally posted by JonB67 JonB67 wrote:

So the answer is anyone who has developed a line array. Good luck getting plans or help off martin or lacoustics or void or mm acoustics. They've spent 10s or 100s of thousands to develop it.  They'd want more than the cost of the boxes to help you develop your own. 

And that spread over many years, many prototypes, many events, and many, many revisions… not to mention the ongoing improvements, just check the version numbers on the current editions of most companies' preset stacks…

Date Posted: 04 June 2018 at 5:11pm
final prototype of horn flare,  just bit of cardboard, duct tape,docs wave  guide ,smaart7 and few buckets of coffe

Date Posted: 04 June 2018 at 5:28pm

That's the final prototype?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 June 2018 at 5:31pm
What drivers are those? They look too small for the job.

-------------
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com

Date Posted: 04 June 2018 at 5:37pm
beyma cd10fe

Date Posted: 04 June 2018 at 5:44pm
yes of the horn flare  tryed,so many diferent angles and curves    now just decide what material to use aluminium or printed plastic

Date Posted: 04 June 2018 at 6:02pm
How did you test it?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 June 2018 at 6:05pm
fq response and coverage angle  and spl in radiation area 

Date Posted: 04 June 2018 at 10:19pm

beyma cd10fe

How exactly are you going to make a two way line array with those drivers?

-------------
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com

Date Posted: 04 June 2018 at 10:20pm
maybe 3 way

Date Posted: 16 September 2018 at 5:48pm
hi all I was quiet on this for few weeks but im back with this project  ;) last bit horn flare needs to be cnc cutted  ...and let's do some measurements on experimental cabinet  ...just a note  For smart guys this cabinet is only experimental build of scap wood  and is not final product

Posted By: Group2
Date Posted: 24 March 2019 at 5:23pm
Nice project:)  (I know it’s an old post). 
I read about a project like this, existing reading. 
https://forum.speakerplans.com/line-array-projects_topic27433. - https://forum.speakerplans.com/line-array-projects_topic27433.html

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net